Role description: EY Help HR Counselor Advice Team (CAT) Advisor – Level 2
Reporting to: EY Help HR Counselor Advice Team (CAT) Manager
Talent Shared Services provides the most effective and efficient solution for Talent’s strategic and operational needs. We leverage our global strength and scalability to drive the HR related technology, projects and processes that allow EY to deliver against the changing requirements within our Talent organization to enable success. Talent Shared Services offers key services to EY’s Talent teams (global, area, region and country) within the business and delivers seamless and consistent HR operational services to the organization through a globally efficient network of Regional and Global Delivery Services centers.
In this role you will play an important part in the EY Help HR team. You’re likely to spend most of your time offering high quality employee relations advice and guidance to counseling managers on issues and concerns relating to Absence, Performance, Disciplinary and Grievance.
Your key responsibilities
· Provide high quality advice and guidance on a wide range of HR queries including performance management, stress management, absence management, grievance management, conduct issues and disability adjustments
· Make decisions and apply commercial judgement in dealing with employee relations issues e.g. poor performance, absence management etc.
· Actively manage and prioritise case load effectively and in a timely manner in line with employment legislation, best practice and EY policy
· Escalate complex queries to the EY Help HR Manager, Regional HR or Employee Relations team. Build and maintain recognised levels of ‘excellent’ customer service
· Commit to own personal development and maintain own continuous professional development to ensure advice given follows current employment law principles and EY policy and practice
· Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act at all times
· Record details of incoming calls in a timely and accurate manner and tracking through to closure/client resolution
· Produce service line MI and EY Help HR MI
· Manage business unit relationships and lead on monthly conference calls
· Maintain up to date process, contact and policy documentation within EY Help HR systems and files
· Contribute to UK TSS, CBS and wider HR projects and initiatives
· Coach colleagues in other UK TSS teams in area of expertise
Skills and attributes for success
We are interested in people with a minimum two year’s HR professional experience (ideally gained in large corporate organisation) with knowledge of employment law and HR processes. Experience of employee relations case management is essential. As a successful candidate you will have the ability to demonstrate business knowledge as well as use of initiative and pro-activity. Previous experience within a service delivery environment including management of customer relationships in a front line role particularly providing advice by telephone.
To qualify for the role, in addition to the above, you must have;
· Previous experience within a service delivery environment including management of customer relationships in a front line role particularly providing advice by telephone
· Excellent interpersonal skills for customer liaison and the ability to establish and manage strong client relationships
· Knowledge of operational HR systems
· Degree level or equivalent
· CIPD or studying towards would be preferable
What we look for
We are looking for a high energy individual with excellent employee relations case management skills. If you are a true team player, who commits to own personal development and flexibly supports other team members in response to work volumes, the role is perfect for you.
What working at EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well - being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.