EVENT MONITORING TECHNICIAN
Be part of a strong vibrant team with high morale and motivation, monitoring critical services of EY offices located across the globe. Event Monitoring Engineers are responsible for real-time monitoring of alerts generated from EY IT infrastructure devices (Network, Server, Storage, Database etc.) and Applications hosted across the globe, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Event Monitoring team is the First Responder of all IT infrastructure outages and collaboratively work to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible.
· Timely respond to alerts, provide 24/7 support to ensure minimal downtime of IT infrastructure and Critical Business Applications of EY.
· Monitoring and validation of events/alerts generated in EY monitoring tool set.
· Use insights to correlate alerts/events and other operational data to enable consistent and valid ticket creation.
· Incident assignment and coordination between Event Monitoring & other higher-level technical support team for service restoration.
· Efficiently handle tickets by identifying, prioritizing, assigning, resolving and communicating to appropriate team to provide highest level of service to Business.
· Email mailbox monitoring, Vendor call management and incident creation based on calls and emails.
· Handle Service Requests logged for AD account unlock and password reset within the defined SLA.
· Incident Management – perform first level troubleshooting of all incidents with proper documentation and escalating/resolving incidents, as per defined process.
· Provide necessary support to monthly windows server patching activity and other preventative tasks.
· Work in tandem with Shift Leads/SMEs and escalate any potential outages or abnormal situations to their notice immediately.
· Good knowledge on Windows Operating System.
· Knowledge on Windows and Linux based Server technologies.
· Knowledge on Networking and Computer fundamentals.
· Basic understanding of IT infrastructure devices and monitoring tools.
· Basic knowledge of ITIL terminology (Incident, Change, Problem, Service Requests etc.).
· Experience working with monitoring tools (SCOM, NNMi, OMi) will be an added advantage.
· Experience in troubleshooting in any of the following platforms:
· Windows desktop, Windows servers, Linux and Network.
· Good problem-solving skills and a high degree of self-motivation
· Willing to work in rotating shifts and flexible schedule in 24/7 environment.
· Equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively often under strict SLA’s.
· Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
· Able to articulate clearly and precisely to Business and other Technology groups.
· BE/B.Tech/MCA/BSc or Equivalent Degree.
· Windows Server certifications (Preferred).
· CCNA/CCNP certifications (Preferred).
· ITIL knowledge and certification will be a benefit.
· Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skill.