The Law team at EY is a fast growing and dynamic integrated part of EY. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, ambitious professionals to join us now and fuel our growth tomorrow. Become part of a cohesive and expanding team and develop your career within a global organisation.
Due to growth and global investment into the UK firm we’reexpanding our legal capabilities in the employment space.
It's potentially an exciting opportunity fora gifted, ambitious and motivated employment lawyer to help build a best-in-class employment law service for our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
· Ability and willingness to get up to speed on new areas of law and work to tight time deadlines
· Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
· Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
· Client focused, commercially aware and able to manage client expectations
To qualify for the role you must have
· ExperiencedUK-qualified solicitor with 1 to 3 years’ PQE experience, preferably gained at a reputable UK firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered)
· Ability to show work in contentious, general HR advice and corporate support – with greater knowledge in at least one area
· Technical knowledge of UK employment legislation appropriate to your level of qualification
· Familiar with reviewing/drafting service, consultancy and settlement agreements and HR policies
· Some experience of employment litigation, in particular handling tribunal claims
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.