EY-Data & Analytics – Consulting – Manager –Data Engineer
As part of our EY-DnA team, you will help clients in developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality. Working with latest tools available in the market you will help clients by acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems and help to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
Using your expertise in data analytics you will help our clients to view data in context and make smarter business decisions to achieve improved products and services.
We’re looking for Senior Consultant with expertise in Data engineering skills to join our dynamic Consulting DnA Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm as well as part of a growing Data and Analytics team.
Technical Skills and attributes for success
· Interact with client technology leaders, understand their business requirements and mentor team, propose, develop and deliver technology solutions
· Define and develop client specific best practices around data management
· Strong understanding of Wealth and Asset Management data model
· Should have good experience of software development best practices.
· Experience with BI, and data analytics databases
· Solid understanding of ETL methodologies in a multi-tiered stack, integrating with Big Data systems like Cloudera and Databricks
· Must be hands on in SQL procedural languages and ETL tools like Informatica, ODI, SSIS etc
· Recommend design alternatives for data ingestion, processing and provisioning layers
· Design and develop data ingestion programs to process large data sets in Batch mode using appropriate ETL frameworks
· Experience in cloud (Azure/AWS) is good to have
· Good understanding of Spark Framework, HDFS, Hadoop, Hive, Atlas and HDF. Experience in the development of Hadoop APIs and MapReduce jobs for large scale data processing
· Knowledge in Big data architecture patterns [Lambda, Kappa]
· Experience working with NoSQL in at least one of the data stores - HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
To qualify for the role, you must have
· BE/BTech/MCA with 12+ years of industry experience
· Should have least 5+ years of financial services experience and specifically Wealth and asset management experience
· Should have least 3+ years of experience in Wealth and asset management data domain around security master, Client and Account, Positions, Transaction, Etc.
· Should have at least 4+ years of experience in data migration and implementing big-data solutions
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Good verbal and written communication in English, Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Experience of interacting with customers in understanding business requirement documents and translating them into technical specifications and High- and Low-level design documents.
What we look for
· A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
· An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 620 + professionals, in the only integrated global Consulting business worldwide.
· Opportunities to work with EY Consulting practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from start–ups to Fortune 500 companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.