The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract
Your key responsibilities
You will operate as a fieldwork leader to assist clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. You can expect to work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other Risk Assurance professionals in performing information technology control and security engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
· Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents. Work with the engagement team to document the business processes dependent on information technology. Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance.
· Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems. Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations. Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's or master's degree
· A minimum of 2 years of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
· Bring your experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) Service Organization Controls Reporting engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)
· We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
· CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification is desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager.
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you
What Working at EY Offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.