From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP providesa full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
Our Government & Public Sector Assurance practice is growing exponentially, and as a staff, you’ll play a key role in that growth. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources on behalf of our audit professionals, this commitment will enable us to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. It’s all about understanding the business processes and data flow to provide a truly exceptional experience for our clients.
Your key responsibilities
The nature of this role means that you will be recognized as a primary day-to-day contact for our clients. That means you’ll develop your knowledge by learning about current issues, profession, and business developments relevant to the client’s industry, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and expertise with team members.
Skills and attributes for success
· Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the assurance team
· Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, audit client's engagement history, and planned audit approach
· Challenge procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance audit techniques
· Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment
· Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
· Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the client's business
· Collaborate with assurance team members to set goals and responsibilities
· Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other team members' views
· Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with assurance team members, and enhance service delivery
· Bring potential opportunities to the assurance team's attention
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's or graduate degree and approximately 1 year of related work experience
· A degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
· Sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination
· Excellent project management skills
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Dedication to teamwork and leadership
· The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
· CPA licensure in your work state
· CGFM and/or CDFM
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for accounting and audit experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and up to 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.