About the Opportunity
As part of our External Audit team, you’ll experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your Key Responsibilities
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements. In addition, you will conduct timely and constructive discussions with the management on accounting and reporting matters, and provide a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You'll not only access clients' systems and controls, but also advise them on market developments and how they should respond in order to achieve a competitive advantage.In doing so, you play an important role in providing services to clients such as responding to regulatory reforms, managing capital life cycle and improving business operations.
*Please choose between Assurance, Intern – General Audit, Singapore or Assurance, Intern – Financial Services, Singapore as you will only be considered for one position.
Skills and Attributes for Success
· Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
· Contribute ideas/opinions to the assurance teams and listen/respond to other assurance team members' views
· Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment.
· Integrity within a professional environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interest in the insurance, banking and/or asset management industry
To qualify for the role you must have the following
· Pursuing a degree in Accountancy
· Prior work experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong analytical skills
· Good project management skills
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
· Full detailed resume
· Latest university transcript
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance . We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.