Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Forensic & Integrity Services.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As an Audit Assistant, you will work on various audit engagements in different industry sectors in which Ernst & Young is acknowledged as a market leader, specifically: financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications, industrial products, automotive, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc. You will:
· Develop an understanding of the audit client’s business
· Interact with the clients in order to collect all the necessary data/information, set-up and maintain audit files, prepare leads, etc.
· Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements
· Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, audit client's engagement history, and planned audit approach
· Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the assurance team
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
· Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field / ACCA or pass at least fundamental levels of ACCA
· Minimum of 1 to 2 years of work experience in Audit Services or a related field
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Prior working experience in global professional services organization or mid-tier firms will be highly advantageous
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop themost passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culturethat believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Sothat whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.