Associate, Senior Associate, AVP – TAS -Transaction Support – Due Diligence
We help corporate and financial clients to meet their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring, divesting or raising finance. Although our work is fast-paced, high profile and high pressure and often operates within demanding deadlines, you will find it to be extremely rewarding.
Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company’s finances and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties.LI
You will be working in teams with experienced due diligence professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to perform due diligence across a range of situations and sectors. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team. Our team works to understand the client’s business profit drivers and trends, as well as challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, begin to build relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities
• Client service delivery / execution
o Execute the work on a multiple client base.
o Assume near independent responsibility for smaller clients
o Develop rapport with middle layers of client management
• Risk Management
o Ensure compliance with risk management strategies, plans and activities.
o Understand the concept of risk management and be able to bring to focus risk issues on client assignments and take issues to the notice of the manager/supervisor
• Knowledge Management
o Support knowledge sharing efforts and improve processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge
• Networking & Identification of opportunities
o Start identifying new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager
o Network internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong understanding of Indian Accounting Standards, New Companies Act, Fraud Investigation, IFC, etc.
• Strong Knowledge or experience in the areas of financial statements.
• Understanding of the business, competitive positioning, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges etc. of the target company
• Analyzed projections and assumptions used for the sameAnalysed projections and assumptions used for the same
• Identified of deal issues, assessing their impact on the transaction (valuation etc.) and advising on ways to address the issues
• Conducted analysis of transaction risks and ways to mitigate them
• Understanding transaction structure and basis it advised on structuring issues
• High team orientation
• Professional appearance and poise
• Industry experience primarily in data analysis, MIS, project handling
To qualify for the role you must have
• CA with a good academic background
• 1 to 7 years of relevant experience
• Preference will be given to candidates who have:
o Statutory Audit Experience or
o Due diligence experience as part of M&A team in industry
Ideally you’ll also have
• Good communication both written and oral (including report writing)
• Strong analytical skills are a must
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.