As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Senior Consultant - Risk
Risk management protects business performance and helps sustain results. It’s about achieving a clear understanding of risks and developing plans to manage them.
As one of our risk professionals, you’ll work with multinational businesses and public sector organizations. You’ll help them develop an integrated, holistic approach to risk and benefit from their investments in internal controls.
You’ll deliver some of the most significant and class-leading internal audit and risk engagements globally. You’ll also team with our performance improvement professionals in multidisciplinary engagements, helping major global clients transform and sustain business performance.
By plugging into our market-leading global network, you’ll gain the experience you need to become an exceptional risk advisor.
Your key responsibilities
• Responsible for executing client related engagements in the areas of governance, risk & compliance (GRC), internal audits, process reviews, standard operating procedures & enterprise risk management.
• Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
• Anticipate and identify engagement related risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
• Actively establish & strengthen client (functional heads & key influencers) and internal relationships.
• Assist seniors & managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives.
• Create a positive learning culture, coaches, counsels and develops junior team members.
• Identify & escalate potential business opportunities for the firm on existing client engagements.
Service delivery related
• Execution on client engagements – Ensure quality delivery as per client requirements.
• Review of working papers & client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service.
Identify areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
• Identify & internally escalate and potential red flags related to the engagement.
• Preparation of reports/deliverables/status updates/audit committee presentations.
• Demonstrate ability of multi-task and manage multiple projects as directed by the managers.
• Handling data analytics - Access, ACL etc.
• Ensure compliance with engagement plans and internal quality & risk management procedures
• Demonstrate an application & solution-based approach to problem solving technique.
• Manage the engagement budgets and support superiors in developing marketing collaterals, business proposals and new solution / methodology development.
• Develop strong working relationships with client (process owner/functional heads).
• Attention to detail and mentor young interns and analysts within the practice.
• Contribute to knowledge management sessions within the practice.
• Identify and escalate potential business opportunities for the firm on existing client engagements.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively discharge supervisory responsibilities.
• Manage teams – motivate, counsel & develop junior colleagues.
• Demonstrate ability to conceptualize & translate lessons learned on client engagements into relevant training sessions for junior colleagues and contributes to learning & development initiatives.
• Pro-actively identify and escalate counselees not being chargeable on engagements.
• Provide real-time constructive verbal feedback to team members and facilitate timely completion of engagement review forms.
• Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situation.
• Support knowledge sharing efforts and continually improves processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
• Awareness of internal auditing standards issued by IIA and ICAI
• Demonstrate industry expertise (detailed understanding of the industry, trends, issues/challenges and leading practices).
To qualify for the role you must have
• MBA/Masters in Project Management/ Advanced Construction Management/Engineering with at least 3 Yrs. of relevant work experience
• 4-7 years of experience in organization with project based businesses, like construction, infrastructure, real estate or one of the consulting firms with experience in handling clients from the above relevant sectors
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical accounting experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.