As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
Executive - Statutory Audit
EY is looking for Executive in Statutory Audit.
Your key responsibilities
• Audit Executives are required to carry out operational, financial, process and Systems audits designed to review and appraise its activities, systems and controls,which includes:
• Identifying accounting & auditing issues; discuss with audit in-charge to solve issues that arise,
• To carry out substantive testing of appliances in accordance with the audit plan formulated & appropriately document all work performed,
• Identifying improvements to control systems and procedures
• Presenting audit reports clearly highlighting key audit recommendations to management ,
• Preparing & maintaining statutory books of accounts, audit, reconciliation of account receivable & payable, finalization of accounts,
• Assist the seniors in reviewing & checking the financial statements & preparation of the audit report, management comment letter & management representation letter.
Skills and attributes for success
• Must have strong knowledge of auditing & accounting standards,
• Should have handled statutory audit assignments earlier,
• Ability to prioritize work on multiple assignments & manage ambiguity,
• Strong verbal and communication skills,
• Clarity of thoughts and assertive,
• Effectiveness and creativity of written expression - logical, readability and conciseness,
• Good presentation skills and ability to respond promptly,
• Should be a team player with a proactive & result oriented approach
• Ability to meet deadlines.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Qualified Chartered Accountant with 0-3 years
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.