EY – GDS – Consulting – Finance
As part of our EY - Finance Consulting Team, you will help clients in their Business Transition assignments from functional perspective. This includes working along with the clientele to setup framework for a Global Business Services (GBS) or Share Services Centre (SSC). Additionally, this role demands working knowledge around Performance Improvement initiatives and identify potential opportunities for performance improvements drive them. This includes techno-functional role conducting finance processes assessments, deep diving and analysing pain areas and coming up with solutions. The client base spans across industries and countries.
We’re looking for Consultant / Sr. Consultant with expertise in GBS/SSC Setup assignments, Process Assessment (for RTR, PTP, OTC), FP&A. Also, experience in IFRS Implementation, Financial Accounting and Reporting domain is an added advantage to join the global EY - Finance Consulting team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a new service offering.
Your key responsibilities
· Experience / knowledge around finance functions in at least two domains – Record to report (RTR), Procure to pay (PTP), Order to cash (OTC) or FP&A
· Working knowledge of GBS / SSC setup engagements. This involves hands-on around the Business Transition assignments and related activities
· This includes experience around Account Reconciliations, Journals, Transaction matching, Variance analysis, intercompany and Fixed assets accounting / management
· Strong accounting skills and understands financial reports and statements
· Knowledge on Financial Consolidation, Cost Allocation, Finance Planning and Budgeting Processes
· Should have knowledge of activities in financial close of an organisation for month / Quarter / Annual close periods
· Good Knowledge on ledger and sub-ledger systems; technical know-how of SAP ERP / HANA, Oracle GL (good to have)
Good to have experience / exposure (the below skills are an added advantage for candidates):
· Experience in IFRS implementation project(s) for recently implemented IFRS like IFRS 9, 15 or 16
· Experience in IFRS implementation project(s) for upcoming/ongoing implementation such as IFRS 17
· Translate business requirements to technical language and model (good to have)
· Good experience in Chart of accounts (CoA) design
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
· Managing / supervising teams of people on project work
· Open to travel (Domestic & International)
Skills and attributes for success
· Consulting experience is a good to have
· Good articulation skills is a must
· IFRS Certification is a good to have
· Confident & professional communication style
· Proficiency in English (oral and written)
· Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
· Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
· Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
· Capability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
· Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
· Strong analytical skills as well as excellent problem-solving skills for interpreting the IFRS standards
To qualify for the role, you must have
· CA or MBA (Finance)
· Other professional degrees (like CPA, CFA, CMA) can be considered based on relevant working experience as required
· 3-5 years of work experience in Business Transition / GBS / SSC setup activities
· Accounting Regulation Change and IFRS Implementation projects (Recent/Ongoing Implementations such as IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16 and IFRS 17) is good to have
· Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills is a must
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Business Finance Transformation, GBS / SSC Setup
· Project management skills
· IFRS Implementation / IFRS Reporting Experience
· Exposure to tools like ERP, HFM, Visio, ARIS, etc.
What we look for
A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
Opportunities to work with EY Advisory practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from world’s top companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.