An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Resource Manager, within the UKFS Resource Management team.
The role will require the individual to understand and monitor business performance and the issues and challenges facing the practice. Primary focus will be fulfilling engagement resource requests for our largest accounts. This includes working closely with senior stakeholders to meet financial and non-financial objectives. In particular, to optimise the utilisation of resources, improve performance and ensure Operational Excellence ismaintained at all times. This is in conjunction with ensuring our people are provided with the best experiences to drive their careers.
Your Key Responsibilities:
· Responsible for supporting and delivering end to end resourcing solutions to the client facing business.
· Supporting in headcount management and capacity planning, optimising the utilisation and chargeability of our client facing workforce, providing information to leadership on utilisation levels, key areas of availability, business performance and forecasting to support business decisions.
· Ensure Retain (Resource Management Tool) is accurate.
· Supporting and working with the Resource Management Deployment Lead and the Resource Deployment Manager and liaising with Competency Leads to challenge forward view and decide upon effective resourcing and deployment of staff.
· Supporting in monitoring and escalating availability of resources and work proactively with colleagues from across the Service line and the wider UKFS Resource Management team, to ensure utilisation is maximised.
· Analyse pipeline and proactively engage with pursuit team to understand proposed resource model, ensuring resource requirements are known and can be met.
· Work with the Resource Management Deployment Lead and liaise with the business, counsellors and HR to keep abreast of the development needs of all individuals in the group to ensure planning is aligned.
· Work with client facing staff to understand their skills and experiences for appropriate alignment of projects.
· Forecast financial performance and utilisation levels on a weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual basis using Retain (Resource Management Tool) and EY Financial Reporting tools.
· Assist in preparing, analysing and presenting Management Information to senior stakeholders on budget vs. actual, headcount, resource management and wider operational excellence metrics such as utilisation, Retain accuracy, timesheets
· Hold regular update meetings with the Resource Management Deployment Lead, key stakeholders, including Business Unit Lead and client facing staff to review management information and recommend action required as a result. Understand and communicate key business developments which may affect upcoming performance.
Skills and attributes for success:
· Proven experience in managing multiple tasks, with effective prioritisation skills
· Producing and maintaining various ad hoc and regular management information reports. Interpreting and acting on results.
To qualify for the role you must have:
· Proven resource management, business and operations experience
· A high level of written and verbal communications skills, ability to extrapolate the 'message' from the numbers, client focused and computer literate.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Understanding of a professional services environment and/or Financial Services sector ideal
What we look for:
· A strong team player who is self motivated, self reliant and results orientated.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.