Assistant Manager - Indirect Tax
· Ensure timely tax compliance of assigned clients with the Federal and provincial tax authorities.
· Effective assistance in the research and analysis work for the purpose of preparation of tax opinion/advices.
· Review of the monthly sales tax returns / statements to be filed with Federal and Provincial tax authorities
· Assistance in attending notices, appeals and other routine tax litigations.
Typical day at work
· Ensure proper compliance of notices of assigned clients.
· Assistance in the preparation of routine tax advices
· Supervise or review monthly sales tax returns.
· Analysis and preparation of information to defend the tax notices, appeals etc.
· Analysis and preparation of records for the purpose of tax audits.
· Deal with the tax authorities and clients as per engagement terms
· Representing clients before Federal and provincial tax authorities.
· Attend meetings with the clients to discuss their routine tax matters.
· Develop co-operation and excellent working interfaces with the clients
· Preparation and filing of tax proposals
· Any other tasks assigned by the firm
CA Finalist, ACCA or LLB
Preferably one to two years exclusively in indirect tax services
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas
· Better knowledge and understanding of Indirect Tax laws.
· Excellent communication, time management and analytical skills
· Understanding of other tax laws.
· Understanding of Financial and Tax Accounting concepts.
· Ability to interpret and analyses financial data. Excellent soft skills
· Command on oral and written English.
· Fluency in English speaking.
· Strong drafting skills.
· Strong inter- personal skills.