The growth of the Irish firm and increasingly more complex regulation in the area of independence, along with a new Irish standard setter has created the need for an assistant manager role within the independence function.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an interest in independence and who can become an SME in an area of critical importance to the firm. The individual will get exposure to the ever increasing regulatory and professional developments impacting the firm in the area of independence and play a key role in the firm’s compliance.
The work is varied and intellectually stimulating and individuals will gain a deep and broad understanding of the independence rules and firm policies as well as having opportunities to work cross-SL and with independence personal within the global and regional networks.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
· Assistance in the local PCIP support program and Foreign Independence Confirmations conducted for global pursuits
· Assist in independence consultation processes
· Assist in the firms engagement with regulators and assist in preparatory work on independence for regulatory inspections by IAASA, CARB and the PCAOB
· Attend monthly and regional independence network calls
· Assisting with independence training
· A thorough knowledge of the Firm’s Independence Policy is beneficial, but not essential.
· Background in auditing or accounting is necessary
· Good analytical and interpretation skills; ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts.
· Service orientated and commercially-minded at solving problems.
· The ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels including delivering tough messages to senior leaders.
· Adaptable and flexible with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task.
· Ability to build strong working relationships with service lines and develop an excellent understanding of their business.
· Ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure.