ASA (Account Support Associate) – Manager
The ASA role improves account team efficiency and effectiveness through the performance of key project management and coordination activities.
There are following types of technical services offered by Consulting:
· Performance Improvement
ASA team helps in account coordination, project management, financial analysis, data compliance requirements and other miscellaneous administrative tasks that do not require client-serving technical judgment related to above service lines.
We’re looking for Supervising Associates with expertise in accounts support skills to join our ASA Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a new service offering.
Your key responsibilities
· To liaise and work with project teams to help the Consulting practice to expand the services already provided to the UK and US and establish the Account Co-ordinator team in location
· Assist in hiring, documentation, training and other project related aspects.
· To facilitate establishment of new work from project initiation to 'business as usual'.
· Managing operations for multiple UK and US clients / processes. Co-ordination, supervision, and development of a growing team of account co-ordinators (associates and sr. associates).
· Team development (mentoring, counselling, team building).
· Responsible for quality control, review of the team's work, and ensuring overall adherence to Turn Around Time, Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreement.
· Process documentation and facilitation of knowledge sharing.
· To escalate any major delays & suggest effective/feasible solutions.
· Assist engagement teams with monitoring and communication of the budget, billing schedules and work in process. Analyze and monitor costs against budget, and assist teams with resourcing plan for engagement
· Contribute to the culture of the broader EY GDS team
Skills and attributes for success
· ASAs enhance service delivery by ensuring that deadlines are met, the project is efficiently managed, and there is proactive coordination /communication
· Provide support to Consulting technical team members
· Assist with matters related to fees and billings, invoicing, budgets
· Ensure proper and efficient team communications
· Perform non-technical planning and organizational tasks for the account
· Ensure that all required documentation is filed and archived
· Support efforts to develop and maintain client relationships
· Reporting and preparing Dashboards for client team including senior leadership
· One-time tasks, ad hoc reporting, etc.
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A Graduate, preferably B.Com/BBA/Economics Graduates (No post-graduation experience required)
· Previous accounting / finance / business process outsourcing experience and/or project management experience - ideally at least 9-12 years with 1-2 years’ experience as a Manager.
· Excellent communication skills - written and verbal English.
· Very strong organizational and management skills; ability to delegate effectively and allocate work amongst team members
· Skilled at juggling conflicting demands, prioritizing effectively.
· Team player, with a proactive and can-do attitude, contributes to the broader team beyond the day-to-day role
· Experience of training small teams in new or established processes and developing suitable training material
· Strong analytical/numerical skills, data interpretation skills
· Excellent people skills; promotes teamwork, ability to lead and motivate a group of 10-15 team members.
· Assertive, with strong influencing skills.
· Able to effectively summarize and conclude on work, applying appropriate documentation standards.
· Able to meet tight deadlines and ensure work is of consistently high quality with attention to detail.
· Strong computer skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel, power point presentation etc.
· Ability to build and leverage networks
· Diligent in following up on items
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Professional, confident and outgoing
· Robust and resilient disposition
· Ability to function as part of a team
· Organised and self-disciplined
· Calm and capable of juggling conflicting demands on time and of prioritising effectively
· High degree of accuracy
· Confident to deal with senior level contacts, internally and externally
What we look for
· Strong communication skills
· Strong attention to detail even when dealing with routine tasks
· Ability to meet tight deadlines
· Ability to ensure that work is of a consistently high standard
· Ability to multi-task projects and assignments in order of priority
· Team player with willing and enthusiastic approach
· Excellent interpersonal skills, internally and externally
· Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from start–ups to Fortune 500 companies — and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, Strategy & transactions and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.