The incumbent in this role is expected tomanage the Total Rewards portfolio for specific businesses along with Benefits, wellness and Policies portfolio for GDS India Activities will include supporting the Annual Reward cycle budgeting benchmarking and annual review process. Will include design, conceptualizing and implementing benefits frameworks as well as Policies in line with the cultural nuances of GDS and program managing aspects from design to implementation.He/She will proactively partner with client-facing HR colleagues and local business line management to identify and address compensation issues and evangelize GDN India’s total compensation philosophy and strategy to key stakeholders.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Responsible for entire life cycle of compensation activities ranging from Compensation benchmarking, budgeting, increase and bonus cycles.
· Accountable to build and tap existing networks for sources of Market intelligence.
· Effectively partner with HR colleagues and business clients to manage, consult on compensation and benefit-related issues
Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate fixed pay, variable pay levels.
Perform ad hoc analysis for costing, program effectiveness and trend purposes
Identify, select and participate in compensation and benefits surveys to analyse the company’s competitive market position for each in-country location
Conduct custom compensation and benefits surveys with key industry contacts, as needed
Proactively look for strategic compensation solutions addressing compensation needs of diverse businesses that impacts the entire organization.Liaise with market stakeholders to bring perspectives on how market benchmarking/survey
Evaluate and compare existing benefit programs both local and global to identify key differences and possible areas of alignment
Transforming existing benefit programs by recommending design changes that would work from Global, local cultural perspective and cutting through a diverse workforce.
Partnering with BMC team to provide strategic direction and help conceptualize the Benefits and policies aligned to R&R through a defined branding agenda.
Creates significant awareness around new benefit program launches, engaging employees with benefit interventions time and again and act as the brand ambassador for GDS.
Responsible to present new changes proposed on benefits to leadership for approvals
Constantly monitor the policies and recommend changes with a big picture view of impact to budgets, people, process and technology.
Conduct focus group discussions leveraging the Talent consultant network to understand what has worked, is working and will work under the benefits area.
Should be able to think through Rewards and recognition policies and articulate management proposals on the same for new changes
Leverage technology as much as possible to centralize and cascade benefit programs.
Ensure deep dive analysis, ROI of all benefit interventions are consistently monitored and reported back to management through utilization metrics, pulse surveys etc.
Help in the change management process and communicate the same to the larger employees.
Partnering with Procurement and Risk management as and when necessary when new service providers are signed up for.
Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
Has to be fiscally responsible for the program budgets.
Will be accountable for the judicious use of budgets towards program
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Good understanding of the principles and practices of compensation and benefits systems and legislation in India
· Knows basic taxation laws applying to compensation in India
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing and auditing work; able to systematically break down problems or processes into their parts and develop several alternative solutions
· Highly detail driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader/big picture.
· Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at onceAbi
· Ablity to create tools and models to interpret and analyse data
· Comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment.
· Should be able to understand the nuances of diverse businesses and able to develop solutions that may look customized yet is scalable and can be made consistent
· Extensive understanding of industry wide Total Rewards programs and how it would work.
· Problem solving skills and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing and auditing work;
· Significant interaction with senior level members in the Talent team.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· A self-starter and initative taker
· Should be able to tap into both Global and local networks to identify Total Rewards program opportunities.
· An individual who is eager to learn and research on topics.
Work independently. Must be hands-on with high level of energy and professional skills to function effectively and independently in a fast growing environment with diverse stakeholders.
Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills for internal presentations.
Ability to seek out information, clearly communicate information and requests and provide quality advice
Ability to effectively manage communication and relationships in a highly matrix organization structure
Demonstrate the ability to highly network and also look for opportunities to attend external forums.
· Manage a team size of 2 FTE
· May have to deliver on key projects within quick turnaround time.
· Bachelors preferably Post graduate
· 11-13 years of experience preferably in a similar field.