EY’s London Mid-Market M&A (“LMM”) team is part of EY’s 200 people UK corporate finance business, focusing on mostly private M&A transactions across London and the South-East.
The team has broad sector experience and is generalist in nature given its geographic remit. In the past couple of years the team have closed a wide range of deals across the business services, industrial products & services, education, financial services and consumer sectors.
Transaction types cover raising development/ growth capital, advising Private Equity clients on MBOs, private company exits to strategic acquirers, corporate divestments and some restructuring assignments. As a result, the team’s client base covers entrepreneurs & family owners, private & listed corporates, Private Equity; mostly UK but some overseas.
With strong sector coverage across other teams based in London (eg TMT, Power & Utilities, Life Sciences), strong regional coverage in Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and Scotland; also EY’s Debt Advisory capabilities, we frequently collaborate with colleagues to offer clients the best advice and team.
The LMM team is looking for a highly regarded Assistant Director with relevant M&A experience who is looking to progress their Corporate Finance career across deal execution and deal origination.
As a member of an integrated EY global network of talented advisers you will be working in a dynamic and diverse environment. Through both formal and on the job learning, we will help you develop the skills to become a highly effective adviser, capable of providing impartial and responsive advice to our clients across industries and geographies. We are committed to helping you achieve your potential both professionally and personally.
Your key responsibilities
· Working within a team to execute M&A transactions including; overall process coordination, buyer interaction, preparation of marketing materials, review of due diligence reports and general financial analysis
· UK focus covering the London & South-East geography, supporting other teams with sector input as appropriate
· Attending client meetings; developing existing relationships and building new ones
· Running and developing financial models for transaction purposes
· Assisting with the production of client presentations and documents (including pitch books, valuation materials, etc.), taking a central role in client pitches/ meetings
· Providing management and coaching to junior team members
· Working with an experienced senior team in a collaborative work environment
In addition, you will:
· Originate transaction ideas, identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships
· Develop your own business network with a view to increasing your origination capabilities over the medium term; working as a team and leveraging the wider EY network and deal credentials
· Take ownership and responsibility for broader team functions such as operational management/ resourcing, training, people development, quality etc.
Skills and attributes for success
· High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
· Ability to learn quickly across sectors and different deal types
· Good academic background
· Strong experience in a corporate finance environment, including experience playing a lead role in executing transactions
· Several (5+) years of corporate finance, M&A advisory or related experience. Ideal candidate would be already working at AD/VP level
· Strong project management skills. Able to manage multiple projects and workstreams effectively, delivering high quality work across transactions and business development activities
· Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
What we look for
We are hiring candidates who are highly motivated, ambitious, and have a passion to be part of a
fast-paced, successful M&A team. We are keen to help you develop your career and long term motivation is something that we love to see in our team. Providing you with the platform to succeed is therefore key to us.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. In addition, EY offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.