EY is committed to a purpose of building a better working world. We believe that the work we do brings stability to the capital markets, supports business transformation, and contributes positively to the communities where we live, work and play. Our firm is looking for purposeful professionals who think big and act bold as we together build a better working world.
In both the Americas and globally, EY has established itself as the growth leader amongst its large professional services peers. As a ~$35b multi-disciplinary professional services firm growing at nearly 10% annually over the last five years, EY continues to build on its leadership positions in established areas of the firm, while also continually diversifying our services to meet clients’ increasing demand for integrated solutions. We face a dynamic market environment, with rapidly growing emerging areas of business, and both opportunities and risks posed by accelerating trends of technology, automation, and globalization.
EY is standing up a new internal strategy function in the Americas, as part of a new globally integrated strategy team across all geographic areas. The Office of Strategic Execution (OSE), will work directly with the Americas Managing Partner, the Board (the Americas Operating Executive), and our strategy team colleagues around the globe to support and drive the firm’s most important strategic decisions, and to improve the execution of the firm’s global strategy. The Office aims to bring a higher level of analytical rigor and market insight to EY’s strategic decision-making, and to building new processes that enhance the firm’s existing cycles of business planning and financial planning.
EY is also strongly committed to providing a safe and supportive environment. We are committed to our firm values and a culture that celebrates teaming, caring and inclusion. We are looking for professionals who share our values and whose mindset and behaviors are accretive to our culture each and every day.
In the OSE, you will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of projects, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
The OSE will primarily consist of four inter-related functions:
· Strategic intelligence : analyzing macro trends; market definition, size, and growth; and competitive positioning that affect EY’s market opportunity across all of its different areas of business
Portfolio management and capital allocation : developing ongoing processes and supporting business analytics that monitor EY’s business portfolio, identify any adjustments that need to be made, and help to prioritize areas of strategic investment (or divestment) for the firm
· Strategic execution : assisting the Board in defining a shared set of execution priorities for the Americas; working with business leaders across the firm to assess and support high-quality execution of those priorities; and driving strategic initiatives selected by the Board that require special attention or cross-functional collaboration.
· Corporate development : developing an acquisition strategy in line with the firm’s strategic priorities; ensuring capital allocation is consistent with those priorities; and driving robust deal execution and post-acquisition reviews
The Senior Associate position will support all of these functions as needed, with a particular emphasis on strategic intelligence, portfolio management and capital allocation.
Key responsibilities include:
· Work with all OSE team members, in the Americas and globally, to define and build the analytical processes that will drive the strategy function for EY
· Lead and conduct analytics across a wide range of strategic issues and research types, including market analysis, competitive analysis, internal financial analysis, financial modeling, and scenario planning
· Coordinate with global counterparts to share analysis, align methodologies, and develop a consolidated set of data and information to support firm-wide strategic planning
· Drive all analyses independently as needed, including the development of implications and recommendations
· Particular emphasis on building tools and sustainable analytical business processes that can support leadership and business unit needs on an ongoing basis
· Interface extensively with leaders across finance, talent, markets, and business units to drive consistent adoption of OSE analyses and methodologies, and integrate analytics into business processes outside the OSE
To qualify, candidates must have:
· At least 2 years of strategy consulting or comparable analytical experience
· Comfort with a wide range of data and analytical concepts and methodologies, including: Market sizing ,Competitive analysis ,Customer needs analysis / primary research ,Financial modeling and valuation ,Portfolio review (e.g. where to invest, where to divest) ,Forecasting / econometrics
· Very strong skills with regard to work-planning, project management, and presentation/synthesis of complex data into digestible and actionable forms
· Ability to work independently to drive to implications and recommendations, and/or manage other team members as needed
· Extremely strong inter-personal and communication skills, including written and verbal
· High degree of professionalism and integrity
· Preferred experience in areas related to advanced analytics (big data analysis), data visualization tools, and/or programming to develop new analytical tools
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.