Agile @ Scale | Agile Business Analyst – Senior Consultant / Manager - Dublin
We are creating a new team that specialises in Agile @ Scale for Financial Services. This team is a small group of experts, learners, teachers and coaches. Smart technology consultants that can help our clients to deliver complicated solutions using large-scale Agile delivery methods.
This role is for an Agile Business Analyst within that new team. You will be responsible for helping our client teams to get things done; with quality and efficiency in delivery.
You will bring your expertise in using Agile Business Analysis approaches (E.g. User Story refinement, Specification-by-Example) within large-scale Agile delivery frameworks (E.g. LeSS, DAD, SAFe).
As an Agile Business Analyst within the Agile @ Scale technology consulting team, you will have the opportunity to both advise and deliver. You will provide valuable insights to our Financial Services clients and to our EY communities; and you will solve complex problems that deliver valuable solutions with quality. You will embed yourself within Agile Delivery teams. You will also learn and grow your BA skills and your career. We will trust and support you throughout.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will work in high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service; enabling organizations to grow, innovate, protect and optimise their business performance – playing your part in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
Client Delivery : You will be responsible for the creation of important client deliverables. You will lead and facilitate Agile ceremonies such as multi-team Product Backlog Refinement sessions. You will demonstrate experience of User Story refinement & Data Modelling techniques, as well as different approaches to defining and agreeing detailed acceptance criteria. You will embed yourself within Agile engineering teams – coaching and educating them on customer requirements and Agile practices. You will partner with Agile Product Owners and business stakeholders to ensure the most valuable work is being delivered in the most efficient ways. This large-scale Agile delivery work typically involves complex technology transformation; delivered by distributed teams of consultants; using new engineering approaches; underpinned by a custom scaled Agile delivery method. Our clients need experts to improve their chances of success in delivery, and to educate their teams in new ways of working.
Thought Leadership : Outside of your client delivery work, we will support you to create points-of-view; write blogs; run internal training courses; speak at conferences; and inspire your colleagues and clients in topics related to Scaled-Agile, and Agile Business Analysis.
Skills and attributes for success
· Perform as an Agile BA within Large-Scale Agile delivery teams; educating and growing client & more junior team members
· Be a leader within technology consulting engagements on large-scale Agile deliveries for our Financial Services clients
· Build an understanding of EY’s global capabilities and assets, bringing the best to our clients
· Exemplify the Agile values and principles; and be pragmatic in tailoring where required
· Develop our people through effectively coaching and mentoring, regardless of seniority
· Set ambitious personal development goals for yourself – and deliver upon them
To qualify for the role you must have
· An appetite to teach and learn and be the best you can be
· 2+ years’ experience of performing as an Agile BA; preferably as part of a large-scale Agile delivery product or programme – ideally within Financial Services, or an industry of equivalent complexity – using Agile BA approaches including User Story Refinement, Specification-by-Example, Data Modelling
· Recognised BA Certifications – such as IIBA AAC, CBAP and CCBA
· Certification and practitioner experience of a range of BA and Agile delivery approaches including LeSS, DAD, SAFe, Kanban, Scrum, PRINCE II and/or PMI
· Practical hands-on experience using tooling that enables Agile delivery – E.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins
Ideally, you’ll also have
Ideally to have experience in one or more of the following specialisms: Continuous Delivery; Public Cloud Implementations; API & Integration Patterns & XP Practices (E.g. U-TDD, A-TDD, Pair Programming)
What we look for
We are looking for people that will lead with curiosity and kindness. People that will bring diversity of thought to our clients. People that are intelligent and conscientious. People that will learn and teach. People that are resilient and that can stay the course.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Additionally, EY is now one of the first global companies to offer our employees access to an externally accredited Technology MBA – a truly unique opportunity to develop yourself and others.
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy/Transactions, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.