EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. This practice also has several Service Delivery Centers that are made up of high-performing US-based resources who work closely with our experienced client serving professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our US-based Financial Services clients. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Innovation and automation are at the heart of what we do every day. You must stay on the leading edge of technology and use it to create bespoke solutions to solve problems for our clients. Specifically, your mission will be to design, build, deploy and customize complex technical solutions to accelerate and streamline software application delivery and system integration projects.
See examples of our work here:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3ZOd0y-i_r41oVev0pqtntzI-oKTm1Mm
And hear us talk about leading technology, our patented technology and thought leadership here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0blgIGDLwds&list=PL3ZOd0y-i_r5jCKYgzCL23hdpqmFCpTQe&index=2
Most of our projects are built in Java but you will also be exposed to different technologies including web (Angular, React, etc), other languages (.NET, python, etc), web/microservices and databases. A key part of innovation is using the right tool for the job so you’ll always have opportunity to learn and leverage new technology as it comes out such as machine learning, natural language processing (NLP) and data analytics. Our clients look to us to solve their problems not just deploy software they could do themselves so this means you’ll be expected to build custom frameworks, tools and utilities such as custom automation drivers, JSON and XML parsers, integrations between tools and extend existing frameworks to provide new, cutting edge technologies.
Most of our work is specifically aimed at accelerating and enhancing software testing. Manual testing can be inefficient and many of today’s complex systems and technologies can’t be tested manually. Even traditional automated testing is outdated so it’s our job to build new tools and technology to do it better.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
• Passion and interest for solving problems using technology
• Seeing problems as challenges and opportunities, not roadblocks
• Technical experience with all aspects of the software lifecycle including design, architecture, development and testing
• 3 years of experience and strong knowledge in Java and OOP concepts
o Knowledge in common Java libraries and concepts such as linked hash maps, serialization, etc
o Experience in Java development and architecture best practices
• At least 2 years of experience with:
automation strategy, approach and solutioning
test automation using tools such as Junit, Selenium, RESTAssured
• At least 2 years of experience with at least 3 of these concepts:
o Design, implementation and usage of complex test automation frameworks
o Data querying (Example: SQL)
o Data analytics and statistics (variant distribution, data sampling, trend analysis, predictive modeling or forecasting)
o Any sub-area or use case of Artificial Intelligence (machine learning, natural language processing, etc)
o CICD implementations and tools (example: Jenkins, Ansible, GitLab)
• Working knowledge in web technologies such as Angular, React, HTML/CSS, etc
• Innovative and creative mind to think outside of the box
• Resourceful and able to find possible solutions to problems individually and within a team
• Coaching teams members with a goal of fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
• Sharing your knowledge and developing engagement tools and enablers to build capability for the practice
• Developing client relationships across multiple levels and support sales efforts
• Effectively leading and mentoring others technically and professionally
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy and variety in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to be nimble, take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and prioritize participation in practice initiatives that will generate a long term pipeline of sales for the firm. If you’re serious about progressing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
· An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.