EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
FSO clients are looking today to transform core capabilities in monitoring and managing financial performance. Now more than ever, organizations are employing techniques to refine and reimagine business planning and forecasting, powered by data-driven, machine learning based, and AI supported analytics. Forecasting typically uses historical data to make informed estimates that are predictive of future outcomes, there is however growing realization that a move towards agile and dynamic approaches to forecasting is critical for timely and informed decision making. The role of business analyses in supporting the management of financial performance and risk management is central in the design and creation of real-time insights to support timely decision making.
Business Analysts come from a variety of technical and business backgrounds, leveraging skills in statistical analyses and financial modelling to analyze business performance. A business analyst is expected to employ a developed aptitude and competence in running a range of business use-cases from traditional business planning, driver-based forecasting, sensitivity analyses, primary business models, scenario planning, etc. Given the convergence of advanced data and computing sciences in today’s forecasting eco-system, a keen awareness and operational proficiency in forecasting platforms and cloud-based solutions is a cornerstone of business analysis. Our clients’ problems are becoming increasingly complex while at the same time the need to develop is rising.
As a member of the Capital Management and Stress Testing team, you’ll work in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team with clients, subject matter experts, and other business and technology consulting professionals to drive business value through the application of financial analyses and solutioning for technological optimization. This is a high growth, high visibility area with opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career. EY’s FSO team supports both internal business teams and external clients in developing innovative techniques and methods, product solutions, and proof-of-concepts to ultimately implement in their environments.
Your key responsibilities
· Evaluate business process, anticipating business and technical requirements, uncovering correlations and trends in fundamental financial metrics and business drivers
· Deep Dive into financial performance analyses to identify underlying business and risk drivers, with a view to design and develop forecasting and other analytical business cases
· Articulate and capture relevant regulatory requirements, industry benchmarking, and other emerging practices in design of data-driven business planning solutions (e.g., sensitivity analyses, what-if analyses, trends, correlations, and variance analyses)
· Understand and summarize driver-based performance models for primary business models (e.g., sales and asset projection) as well as functional models in areas of FP&A and Risk Analytics (e.g., revenue models)
· Integrate forecasting models and logic-based computing into dashboarding tools and visualizations, customized for business users and corporate executives
· Advise clients and project teams on leading practices for forecasting tools. Including recommendation on usage of sensitivity analyses, statistical business modelling, optimization, attribution analysis, etc.
· Ability to review model methodology and business assumptions for complex financial products and transactions, and identify critical data attributes and parameters
· Recommend and develop self-service analytical features in line with data driven insight and user defined business elements
Skills and attributes for success
· Fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
· Support diverse teams of professionals with different backgrounds
· Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge of financial planning tools and processes – recommending leading practices in optimizing performance
· Establishing strong relationships with business leaders and users, incl. ability to comprehend business and functional requirements
· Working in an entrepreneurial environment to pave your own career path
· Proficient in the use and/or understanding of financial planning tools in cloud environments(e.g., AWS, MS, Google, etc.) and Dashboarding/BI tool skills (e.g., Power Bi, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.)
· Experience and operational awareness of planning and forecasting platform solutions (e.g., Anaplan, TM1, Oracle EPM, Cognos IBM, as well as languages such as Python, R, etc.)
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or related field with 3-5 years of professional experience
· Practical experience in design and development of business planning and forecasting models and methodologies, including primary business models as well as corporate use-cases e.g., capital planning, cash flow forecasting.
· Demonstrated ability in translating complex data and functional requirements into a logical and business-user defined applications (e.g., what-if analyses, rolling forecast, variance attribution analyses etc.)
· Experience in leading executive presentations and delivering analytical conclusions for senior management consumption
· Oral presentation skills, with the ability to lead meetings and hold workshops with executives
· Interest in working independently as well as part of a team and ability to proactively address unstructured problems
· Strong financial, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
· A strong work initiative, high energy level, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and idea
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Prior experience in the financial services industry preferred, specifically in FP&A and Model Development
· Prior experience in business consulting and/or strategy consulting preferred
· An MBA or advanced Masters degree in business, financial engineering, and/or data science fields
What we look for
We’re looking for well-rounded, analytical, and intellectually curious individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll need great analytical, strategic and communication skills, as well as the ability to showcase your technical skills in converging business analytics with data driven insight creation. If you’re ready to be part of a problem-solving team interested in the design, usage, and development of the next generation of forecasting capabilities for the largest financial institutions, this role is perfect for you!
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Plus, we offer
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the best colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
· A rewards package tailored to your unique needs
· Opportunity to be part of high-performing teams
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.