EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Recognizing the changing and fast-paced professional landscape, you will work with our clients to better align their operating infrastructures within their business strategies. You will support client teams and engagement leadership to bring our broad range of capabilities and insights to enhance the role and effectiveness of the finance and operations function. You will work collaboratively with colleagues in Technology, Strategy and Risk to execute on our latest solutions to not only improve operational efficiencies, but to enhance the changing role of the CFO as an indispensable partner tasked with providing better business insights, profitability and performance measurement.
Your Key Responsibilities
· Support client engagement teams at a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and participate in business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
· Serve in an execution role to deliver our latest solutions and capabilities including operational improvement, profitability management, finance function activities and business integration.
· Advise clients on a variety of business process issues that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities. Use business process, organizational and technology capabilities and knowledge across several of the following focus areas:
· Finance transformation (Shared Services, Financial Close, General Ledger/ERP management)
· Finance Strategy (Vision, Mission, Guiding Principles)
· Financial Accounting and Reporting operations improvement
· Accounting Change
· Finance rapid assessments
· Source-to-report transformation
· Post-to-report transformation
· Source to pay including sourcing strategy and vendor management improvement
· Planning, budgeting, and forecasting integration
· Performance Management and Measurement (KPIs, business driver-based metrics)
· Cost optimization
· Regulatory and Statutory Reporting strategy and improvement
Participate in engagement management and execution as well as client relationship building and management
Skills and attributes for success
Your skills and experiences will help our global FSO Advisory Performance Improvement team to continue delivering high quality service to our clients
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
· A degree with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or Business; MBA and/or CPA is preferred
· Approximately 2 years of experience in providing advisory services in the finance function and other operational areas that impact the finance function (e.g. Order to Cash; Procure to Pay; Close to Report; Budgeting and Planning, Shared Services/Outsourcing)
· Experience in managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations
· demonstrate characteristics of a forward thinker and self-motivator that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge
· History of driving revenue within existing clients and in developing new prospects at the 'C' level of Fortune 500 companies
· Ability to lead a team of consulting professionals on multiple projects
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· A strong work ethic
· A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 80%
· A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
Ideally, you’ll also
· Possess a working knowledge and understanding of the overall finance function operations and business process re-engineering.
· A degree in business, finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, or a related field;
· Prior experience in any of the following areas is a positive:
· Assessment and redesign of business, risk and control processes
· Refinement of target operating models particularly within the Finance function
· Finance transformation and accelerated close
· Sub-ledger/ledger redesign
· Management reporting enhancement
· Business intelligence/decision support
· Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
· Business/Merger Integration
· Reconciliation redesign or improvement
· Regulatory and statutory reporting improvement
What we look for
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding leaders to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated deep knowledge of the financial services marketplace, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you are someone who has an appetite to stay abreast of current business and industry trends, develop in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge and demonstrate the ability to assimilate new knowledge, then this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
· An excellent team of senior mentors and colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.