EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our Life Insurance Operations Improvement practice focuses on helping life insurance clients improve and transform their life/annuity, group benefits and retirement services operations with respect to processes, technology deployment, sourcing and merger and acquisition due diligence and integration. In addition, we perform operating model design and development; and business/technical architecture design and implementation, across the spectrum of life insurance product lines and markets
We are currently hiring for a Senior Consultant within the Life Insurance Technology Enablement Group. You will help our life insurance clients with technology enabled transformation to achieve their business objectives. In return, you can expect to learn leading practices in life insurance, technology transformation and delivery and exposure to a wide variety of business issues solved using technology.
Skills and attributes for Success
You will focus on helping life insurance clients improve and transform their life/annuity, group benefits and retirement services operations with respect to processes, technology deployment, sourcing and merger and acquisition due diligence and integration. In addition, you will perform operating model design and development; and business/technical architecture design and implementation, across the spectrum of life insurance product lines and markets.
Your Key Responsibilities:
· Supporting project teams through all aspects of the software development life cycle
· Documenting and facilitating the development of requirements, solution designs, test cases
· Working with the offshore team(s) to drive the delivery of the projects
· Leading the design and integration phase of each project, helping document appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements
· Use business process, organizational and technology capabilities and knowledge across several of the following focus areas:
· Policy Administration, Billing & Commissions, Claims Management
· Enterprise Data Management/Reference Data Management
· Reinsurance Accounting and Reporting Operations/Technology
· Performance Management and Measurement (KPIs, business driver-based metrics)
· Data Warehousing Features/Functionality
· Enterprise Technology Expense Reduction
· Define business and technical requirements and design technology architecture
· You will experience implementing at least one vendor system for Life and Annuities products managing the project through all phases of the implementation life cycle
· Participating in engagement management, engagement execution and reporting, and client relationship building and management
To qualify for this role you must have:
· Bachelor's degree or a graduate degree and relevant experience at or advising for a life insurance carrier
· Experience in the following areas:
· Definition of business process, and requirements, development of technical requirements, design of business and technology architecture and quality assurance and testing
· System selection and configuration/ implementation support
· Program/project management and implementation planning (PMO)
· Previous relevant project experience in software development
· Previous Application/Package experience in any of the following:
· Policy Administration systems - Life, Annuities, Retirement or Group
· JAVA/J2EE/.NET and related technologies
· Thorough understating of the software development life cycle
· Willingness and ability to travel approximately 80-100%
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, or related field) and approximately 3 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree (MBA or MS preferred) and approximately 3 years of related work experience
· Strong preference for experience with property and casualty insurance carriers
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the life insurance industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their life and annuity business, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
· The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
· An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply Now!
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.