EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The world’s largest banks, broker-dealers, foreign banking organizations, asset management firms and insurance companies look to us to assist them with their risk and capital management challenges. Traded products continue to be a focus for our clients as a result of broad regulatory changes and ongoing efforts by our clients to improve how they measure, monitor and optimize their risk and capital.
You’ll be a part of collegiate environment, all about teaming and a “we before I” culture. You’ll help our clients to design and implement strategic and functional changes across risk management, treasury, front office, middle office, and back office activities. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You can expect to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Advise and provide clients with strategic recommendations on Financial Services Risk Management issues facing the financial services sector, focusing on the identification, measurement, and management of Traded Products Risk and Capital. Focus on financial risk identification, measurement, mitigation, monitoring and reporting of exposures to interest rate, commodity, equity, credit and foreign exchange movements.
Provide strategic and tactical advice on the implementation of legislative and regulatory requirements such as Basel III, Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB), Regulatory CVA, Risk Pricing and Valuation, LIBOR transition, Uncleared Margin (i.e., Initial and Variation Margin) and Comprehensive Capital Adequacy and Review (CCAR). Work closely with a team of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality client services. Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Cultivate business development opportunities.
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional services to our clients. Colleagues and clients will look to you to lead components of the project, drive high quality results while coaching & motivating staff and managing client expectations. You will build your knowledge and experience, become a trusted advisor, and take your career to new heights.
Skills and attributes for success
· Structuring and planning projects in the risk and capital markets space across a broad range of market and counterparty risk areas, including risk capital calculations, risk measurements, reporting, capital, stress testing and controls
· Conducting field work, project management, and developing high-quality work products within expected timeframes
· Managing project risk and effectively communicating with engagement leaders and key stakeholders regarding status, issues and key priorities to achieve expected outcomes
· Understanding clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, engineering or a related discipline and approximately 2 years of related/relevant work experience; or a Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Management or a related field and 1 years of work experience in the Financial Services industry
· Relevant experience in the financial services industry with either a consulting firm, internal consulting organization, or within front office or market risk, counterparty risk, or related areas at leading financial services institutions in the following areas:
· Capital markets functions
· Quantitative analytics
· Front office sales and trading
· Front office risk management
· Market risk management
· Counterparty credit risk
· Margin and Collateral Management
· CCAR and Stress Testing
· IBOR Transition
· Risk governance, risk appetite, risk identification, risk monitoring, risk measurements (limits, greeks) and risk reporting
· Capital management and associated regulatory requirements with Basel III and FRTB, including market risk, counterparty credit risk, credit valuation adjustment (CVA) or stress testing
· Demonstrate technical capabilities and industry knowledge key US and global regulatory issues: Basel III market, counterparty credit, or CVA risk, Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB), SIMM or CCAR
· Demonstrate derivatives product knowledge across asset classes including interest rates, credit, equity, commodity, and FX, including but not limited to pricing and valuation
· Excellent communication, strong problem solving and solution development skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A “go-getter” attitude,experience with market infrastructure and control functions, including clearing, margining, settlement, product control and trading controls
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of variety in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to be nimble, take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve your knowledge on market trends and demands for consulting services in the financial services sector and issues facing clients. If you’re serious about progressing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
· An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.