EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Our Life Insurance Operations Improvement practice focuses on helping life insurance clients improve and transform their life/annuity, group benefits and retirement services operations with respect to processes, technology deployment, sourcing, and merger and acquisition due diligence / integration. In addition, we perform operating model design and development; and business architecture design and implementation, across the spectrum of life insurance product lines and markets
We are currently hiring for a Manager within the Life Insurance Performance Improvement Group.
Skills and attributes for success
You will work directly with clients to transform their business operations. You will gain exposure in Policy Administration, Billing and Claims.
Your Key Responsibilities:
· Leading large scale client engagements or components thereof. Consistently delivering quality client services. Driving high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
· You will effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Providing constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Playing an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
· Demonstrating deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. You will demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. You will possess in depth business acumen. You will remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
· You will understand/communicate complex insurance operational issues. Stay informed of and apply professional standards and firm policies
· You will develop a strong personal brand and enhance the EY brand by writing articles, participating in industry groups and speaking at seminars.
To qualify for the role you must have:
· A bachelor's degree and 5 years of related life insurance operations work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related life insurance operations work experience
· A minimum of 3+ years of advisory services delivery experience working with multiple project teams
· Demonstrated ability to build trust and manage high level, executive relationships
· Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise teams of business advisors through all phases of the project lifecycle, including requirements definition, process and prose creation, business re-engineering, application mapping
· Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and business writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further designing, developing and integrating business operations and technology
· Ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, life insurance industry practices, and new application technologies
· A willingness to travel to meet client needs (80-100%)
Ideally, you’ll also have :
· A degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, engineering or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the life insurance industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their life and annuity business, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply Now!
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.