EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Insurers across the globe are investing heavily in technology-enabled transformation programs. A number of solution “hot spots” exist today, such as in claims, underwriting, policy and billing. Our ambition is to be the C-suite advisor for insurance technology-enabled transformation programs, recognized by our clients for our insightful thought leadership, pro-actively meeting their needs, and having truly globally integrated capabilities. Typical projects will span the following areas of insurance technology enabled transformation:
· Digital transformation in insurance
· Customer and growth agenda in insurance
· Insights-based performance improvement solutions
· SaaS-based insurance core system modernization
· Cloud-hosted managed service solutions
· Innovation enablement in insurance
We assist our clients in designing and implementing solutions to improve their organizations’ efficiency and effectiveness in the areas of strategy, people, processes and technology.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for working directly with clients to transform their business problems into technology solutions. The goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the remediation and mitigation of process risk. You will assist engagement teams through the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, technology infrastructure design, vendor selection and technology implementation plans that support our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
· Demonstrate technical capabilities that support the insurance technology system implementation process
· Remain current on new developments in services capabilities and industry knowledge
· Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, system design and interfacing requirements
· Advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities; team with client technology professionals or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of technology solutions
· Collaborate with client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds; foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role, you must have
Minimum of three years of development/architecture experience
Minimum of two years of experience with one or more of the following: Java8 or higher/Spring Boot
Excellent understanding of Microservices architecture, experience with Cloud Native platforms, including Kubernetes in the public cloud
Design, develop and test REST-based API,TDD, and Spring Contract
Experience working with Maven and related open source technologies to build microservices and related components
· Good understanding of domain driven design
Experience with authentication and authorization with Identity Management, JWT (JSON Web Tokens) and authentication framework
· Spring Integration with Kafka
· Spring Batch
Good understanding and experience with NoSQL database (MongoDB and API)
Working experience with containerized platforms like Docker, Kubernetes (using Azure Pipeline, ACR, AKS, and Docker)
· Logging and exceptions handling using ELK stack
· Mocking frameworks like Mockito
Ideally, you’ll also have
Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations
Demonstrated strategic thinking through a proven ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues related to regulations, industry practice and new application technologies
· Willingness to travel 80% to meet client needs
What we look for
We’re interested in self-motivated individuals who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. In addition we’re looking for people who recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you’re passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients’ with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.