From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Staff Supply Chain Consultant to support client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of government clients to deliver professional services, and participate in business development activities.
Our SC&O team members provide insights into supply chain transformation. They cover sourcing, procurement, distribution and logistics, engineering, product service and delivery and End 2 End (E2E) supply chain. This team focuses on helping clients run their supply chains effectively in order to improve their organization’s performance.
Our Focus Areas within Supply Chain:
Procurement: The Procurement Transformation practice is structured into three pillars: Procurement Optimization, Category Management & Strategic Sourcing and Total Supplier Risk. The Procurement: Optimization pillar focuses on procurement operating model design, Procure 2 Pay (P2P), supplier relationship management, technology optimization and procurement performance management. Category Management & Strategic Sourcing provides spend analytics, category strategy, sourcing and contract management expertise. Total Supplier Risk creates visibility, evaluates and implements mitigation actions to risks throughout a client's supply base.
End 2 End (E2E) Supply Chain Cost Transparency: Identifying key cost drivers for Agencies to identify the total cost of their supply chain. This cost basis will enable more informed decision making based on future cost impacts to a supply chain for a series of decisions. E2E works closely with other EY service offerings such Finance to gain a complete picture of the supply chain costs.
Your key responsibilities
As a Staff Associate in GPS SC&O, you will be assisting clients transform their supply chain organization in areas such as: Category Management & Strategic Sourcing, Spend Analysis, Procurement, Supply Chain Risk, and Cost Management. As a supply chain professional you'll work with high performing teams to provide insights into technical and business concepts of an organization’s E2E supply chain. You will be challenged to go beyond assignment work to produce ideas and actions that can improve the quality and contribute to an engagement. An important part of your role will be to establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and deliver high quality work products to enable the client in their supply chain transformation journey. Specifically we are looking for Staff Associates to:
· Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
· Consistently deliver quality client services
· Stay abreast of current government and industry trends relevant to the client's environment
· Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge
· Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge
· Possess good business acumen
· Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
Our clients operate in a world where achieving and sustaining performance is more difficult than ever. As a performance improvement professional, you will be focused on helping them grow and turn their strategy into reality. You’ll work in high-performing teams that drive growth and deliver exceptional client service, ensuring you play your part in building a better working world.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and communications skills
· Ability to work in a high performing team
· Initiative, be well organized and produce high quality work products
· Solid oral and written communication skills
· A strong work ethic
· The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
· Ability to obtain and maintain at least a secret clearance or higher, which will be driven by the engagement requirements
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Internships in Supply Chain Management or other related fields
What we look for
Top performers possess certain qualities and skills that EY looks for, including but not limited to:
· The ability to research and show substantial knowledge of client’s mission and anticipate questions
· The ability to go above and beyond team expectations and proactively communicate and anticipate team needs
· The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· The ability to easily understand technical issues and speak to those issues with EY project team members and clients
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.You will receive formal and on the job training throughout your entire career with EY, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, which will help you achieve your potential.Plus, we offer:
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
· An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.