EY Data and Analytics (EY DnA) is our flagship data and advanced analytics capability within EY, working across multiple sectors including financial services, government & public sector, energy, mining & metals, and consumer products. We are one of the largest and fastest growing practices in Asia Pacific with more than 400 specialist staff in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, The Philippines and Malaysia.
We work unreservedly with some of the biggest market players to enable, strengthen and help navigate through their data journey as trusted advisors and delivery experts. Our passion is driven by our strong purpose to build a better working world by enabling our clients transform into intelligent organisations. Information and intelligence are the assets which enable this, and our practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this information, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges.
Being at the forefront of technology we are now helping EY clients move from traditional data warehouse environments onto big data platforms or are helping create hybrid environments combining old and new technologies. This is an exciting time that involves new sets of problems and leveraging our knowledge of traditional environments and pushing the boundaries of big data and analytics.
You will be joining a growing team of data focused consultants working on some of the most exciting projects in Hong Kong. This team works on a mix of Big Data, traditional business intelligence and data analysis projects with a strong focus on advanced analytics, data science and cloud technologies.
Your key responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will work with our team to deliver solutions utilising leading big data platforms and cloud technologies. Our current team is working on some of the latest technologies in the region using advanced analytics solutions such as AWS, Azure, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.
This is a varied role that will involve a mix of big data and traditional EDW projects and will find you:
· Designing and delivering solutions within big data environments such as AWS, Azure, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.
· Working on projects across the Hadoop ecosystem including technologies such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, Spark, Python, Hbase etc.
· Working with data integration technologies such as Informatica, Datastage, SSIS, Nifi, Talend
· Working with data storage technologies such as Oracle, AWS Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse
To qualify for the role, you must have
You will be an accomplished consultant and enjoy helping provide strategic solutions around all things data with previous experience across business intelligence, data warehousing, big data, advanced analytics or reporting environments.
Your past experience might have found you playing the role of:
· Data Engineer, Data Analyst, ETL Designer/Developer
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Fluency in English
· At least 5 years’ experience as an ETL developer or data engineer within the data and analytics domain
· Project delivery toolset experience in one or more batch ETL tools (such as Informatica, Microsoft SSIS or Talend) or open source data integration tools (such as Kafka or Nifi)
· Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
· Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
What working at EY offers
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, experience/knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.