Administrative & Workplace Services (AWS) Associate
The position supports a wide range of sub-service lines within the Assurance department, making this a great place to gain exposure to new skills and progress your career.
You will work directly with high-level client-serving professionals (partners/principals, executive directors, senior managers and managers) to drive project management and engagement coordination for EY’s key account client-serving teams. You will drive efficiencies for the account teams and reduce time to provide services to clients, with a focus on maintaining the applicable professional standards.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll likely balance your time between both project management and analytics. We’ll also look to you to audit and manage budgets and expenses, along with compliance and due diligence.
Skills and attributes for success
· Manage stakeholder expectations, project plans and communications, and provide status updates as needed to continuously advance service delivery.
· Gain a strong knowledge of the service line and the engagement, EY’s structure, Digital Audit solution, key personnel and EY’s policies/procedures
· Act as the focal point for the engagement team, managing internal databases and/or portals designed to facilitate global team communications and coordination of go-to-market strategy.
· Take complete ownership of engagement economics (e.g., hours/budgets/estimates to complete, fees, billings, Work in Process spreadsheets), proactively collaborating with relevant team members to resolve any issues that arise.
· Collaborate with the accounts team, business development and resource management teams to achieve team goals.
· Coordinate risk management processes, such as engagement letters, client continuance, independence, family tree, pre-approval and other regulatory requirements.
· Assist stake holders in Audit related tasks/reports e.g. Microsoft Word reports, Excel reports, PPT Presentations etc.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Strong data analytics and Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent listening, influencing, interpersonal and presentation skills
· The ability to address all relevant information/data and develop practical approaches to answering problems
· A creative and curious approach to tackling complex challenges, leveraging internal tools and resources to achieve favorable results
· A results-oriented approach to drive improvements in engagement economics (financial systems, relationship management tools, revenue pipeline, sales cycle reports, risk assessments)
· A proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and collaboratively with virtual teams
· Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects and prioritize multiple tasks, including multi-location coordination
· The capability to meet tight deadlines, performing fine-quality work and diligent follow-up
· The ability to summarize and conclude activities, applying appropriate documentation standards and lessons learned.
· The capacity to protect confidential and proprietary information
· Excellent Communication and Presentation Skill
· Complete Team player
· Attention to detail
· Excellent Analytical Skills
· Ability to understand a requirement and to translate in to a clear work plan
· Pleasant personality
2+ years in Administrative support role
(preferably with an audit firm)
(Preferably in Business, Accounting, Finance)