At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources, methodologies and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge/Research and Risk Management.
With a wide choice of experience offerings, you could develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Finance Administrative Executive is a key finance role focusing on providing finance advisory support across Accounts and Engagements. You will collaborate with key stakeholders and other Core Business Service functions to ensure effective and consistent finance support rendered to the assigned Service Lines.
Your key responsibilities
· Assist in managing day-to-day finance and accounting activities
· Manage Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billings and Credit/Debit Note
· Perform bank reconciliation and ensure all banking matters are handled accurately and promptly in compliance to all related regulations, policies and guidelines
· Prepare cheque/TT/online payments and maintain petty cash, cheque and financial documents
· Ensure payments of invoices and other finance expenses are processed accordingly
· Raise journal and ensure timely closing of monthly activities
· Prepare Sales and Services Tax (“SST”) returns, be the liaison person for SST issues
· Ensure proper filing and maintenance of Finance documents
· Assist in other general administrative work or ad-hoc tasks assigned by management team
· Effectively engage with internal clients to deliver continuous service improvement
· Build strong key stakeholder relationship and stay connected with the business and functional experts
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
· Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
· Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
· Proficiency in MS office applications
· Competent with Finance operations experience
To qualify for the role you must have
· A graduate in Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance or related courses
· Minimum 3 years of experience in finance preferably in professional services environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience in internal client serving role in a professional services organization is desirable
· Strong in management accounting
· Familiarity with SAP would be an added advantage
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.