The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for actuarial professionals to join our General and Health Insurance team in our Sydney Office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis. We are looking for talented, innovative and ambitious professionals with varying levels of experience from nearly qualified actuaries through to actuaries with five or more years qualification experience.
Your key responsibilities
· Work with a number of senior actuaries across a range of projects including policy and strategic advice, capital and risk management, pricing, liability valuation and Appointed Actuary work
· Deliver pragmatic commercial strategic solutions to our clients
· Assist clients to gain fresh insights to quantify their risk and improve their performance
Skills and attributes for success
· Advanced analytical and other quantitative skills
· Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
· Ability to build trusted relationships both internally across EY and externally with clients
· Capable of working within and being an active contributor to multidisciplinary teams
· Willingness to work in a dynamic environment managing multiple ongoing projects
· Ability to develop and mentor junior staff as appropriate
At this stage due to COVID-19 we can only take applications from people who have current working rights in Australia.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensiveTotal Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
· a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
· personalisedcareer development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
· a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career.
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career. Read more aboutDiversity and Inclusiveness at EY .
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 1).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.