· Work with iconic government and industry clients
· Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
· Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
Shape the World
We are looking quantitative professionals within the Actuarial Services – General Insurance team in our Sydney office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis. We are looking for talented professionals to with varying levels of experience from two years, nearly qualified actuaries through to actuaries with five or more years qualification experience.
Your key responsibilities
· Deliver pragmatic commercial strategic solutions to our clients
· Assist clients to gain fresh insights to quantify their risk and improve their performance
· Advise clients at C-suite, Executive and key decision-making levels, on the issues that matter based on the results of detailed analysis
· Work with a number of senior actuaries across a range of projects including policy and strategic advice, capital and risk management, pricing, liability valuation and Appointed Actuary work
Skills and attributes for success
· Analytical and other quantitative skills (Actuaries preferred, but not mandatory)
· Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
· Experience and interest in general insurance sectors across one or more of the following areas: valuation, pricing, capital management, risk management, data analytics
· Ability to manage projects, pursue new opportunities and develop and mentor junior staff as appropriate
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Sound business experience and project management skills that allow you to frame advice in a way that is helpful for business results
· An ability to work across multidisciplinary teams and a desire to build valuable relationships
Who are FSO?
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO Advisory can take you!
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
· formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
· career and learning development e.g.EY badges , career mentoring
· an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
Who we are
EY is aninclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $80,000 including 9.5% superannuation .
© 2020 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.