EY’s Actuarial team comprises life, non-life and pension actuaries. We have built a strong reputation as leading actuarial advisor. We support our clients on a wide range of topics and in several roles – be it 1 st , 2 nd or 3 rd line of defense, external audit or transactions.
Our dynamic team is continuing to grow. Currently, we have opportunities for talented professionals with concrete IFRS 17 experience.
In order to strengthen our Actuarial team, we are looking for senior consultants and managers with practical IFRS 17 experience.
IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts represents a complete overhaul of the current accounting practices for insurance contracts and thereby introduces the biggest accounting change in decades for insurers. This accounting change clearly also brings an important actuarial change, introducing new valuation requirements for insurance liabilities. With the introduction of IFRS 17 the role of the actuary in the financial closing of insurance companies will become more important than ever. As EY Actuarial Consulting, we bring deep actuarial and industry knowledge, and we work together with our clients to achieve IFRS 17 compliance efficiently, and in line with their broader business goals.
As an experienced Consultant, you will work directly with clients in the insurance sector.Within your role, you will work on a variety of topics, such as:
· Perform quantitative impact studies
· Support implementation of IFRS 17 calculation engine
· Write methodological guidelines
· Design of management reporting under IFRS 17
· Assess impact on organizations, systems and processes
We expect you to work effectively as a team member, coach more junior staff and build good relationships with the client. You will have a great opportunity to expand your actuarial and IFRS 17 knowledge and skills and to frequently work together with other service lines.
· Contribute to delivery of IFRS 17 implementation projects, and investigation and resolution of actuarial valuation issues
· Assist our clients in transforming their financial statements and investor communications to the IFRS 17 context
· Redefine the accounting and reporting processes to ensure reporting timelines and ambitions can be met after the IFRS 17 implementation date by integrating the actuarial valuation activities smoothly into the financial closing
To qualify for the role you must have the following skills...
· Practical experience on IFRS 17 implementation is a must
· Between 2 and 8 years of relevant experience
· Ability to translate complex topics into clear, comprehensible communication to a broad audience
· Proficient level of business English and fluent in Dutch/French
… and this attitude:
· Adventurous and entrepreneurial spirit
· A can-do mentality
· Loving the challenge to connect with different people in an organization (from expert to CFO)
· Combining apassion for figures with recognizing the importance of a good team spirit
What working at EY offers
· You will join a team with a dynamic mindset where teamwork is key.
· We provide extensive trainings, both on technical topics, as well on soft skills and project management
· You will have access to new technologies and innovative equipment
· You will learn on the job on a daily basis from more experienced professionals in our team
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements , and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion
At EY we are genuinely passionate about inclusion and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.