Actuarial – Non Life Executive – FS Advisory
EY’s Global Actuarial Services practice, with over 1400 actuarial professionals covering over 150 countries, ranks in the Top 3 actuarial services practices in the world.
In Europe we have over 650 actuarial professionals across 17 countries. In a unique structure, by partnering with other practices across Ernst & Young and being part of one team, we aim to provide truly integrated services across all disciplines in Insurance, Risk and Financial Services.
Through our knowledge of the local general insurance market, global (re)insurance industry, and our understanding of business needs of our clients, we have built a strong reputation as a leading actuarial and insurance advisor, offering broad and diverse opportunities to our employees.
In Dublin, our actuarial team offers a wide range of both life and non-life advisory and audit services. Our non-life practice is currently undergoing a period of rapid expansion and we are currently looking to recruit a number of talented, experienced and ambitious non-life actuaries to cope with growing demand for actuarial services.
We work closely with the actuarial teams in both the UK and across Europe, and often on multi-service line engagements with our Risk, Assurance and Performance Improvement consultancy colleagues.
We offer a wide range of services, providing a mix of advisory and assurance assistance to clients on:
· Solvency II
· IFRS 17
· Regulatory reporting
· Financial and actuarial transformations
· New company authorisations
· Internal model approval support
· Reinsurance & capital management
· Financial reporting
· Enterprise Risk Management
Your key responsibilities
· The successful candidate will work as part of our growing team on a diverse range of client engagements. They will be responsible for producing high-quality outputs, helping to meet the needs of our clients in a timely fashion.
· They will possess and continue to develop core technical non-life actuarial skills, supplemented by general consulting skills through a combination of on the job training, coaching and formal learning.
· They will promote learning and knowledge sharing across the project team and the department.
· They must be confident and credible in taking the lead in both client interactions and with more junior colleagues.
· They will look to develop their EY network through working on multi-disciplinary projects across different service lines.
· The role my also provide some opportunities to travel to assist other EY offices as necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
· Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary, with a minimum of 3 years professional experience in non-life insurance, reinsurance or consultancy.
· Excellent technical and analytical skills.
· Awareness of the challenges facing the non-life insurance industry
To qualify for the role you must have
· Strong analytical and problem solving ability
· Excellent communication skills both in written and oral format
· Focus on deadlines, discipline and process, yet flexible and pragmatic
· Professional attitude and demeanour
· Confident dealing with clients.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Previous experience in at least one of the following:
· Solvency II
· Capital and Risk Management
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark