At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As part of our life actuarial team, you’ll focus on high-impact opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience that will shape our services. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues. You will be at the forefront of issues that are shaping the insurance industry in Asia and gain a wide exposure to a diverse range of actuarial projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant in the Actuarial team, you will be assisting and leading the delivery of a wide range of client engagements, leading or working as part of a project team, relating to IFRS 17, Appointed Actuary work, actuarial valuation, pricing and product development, actuarial modelling, Merger & Acquisitions (M&A) and due diligence. You will also be performing evaluation in areas related to financial risk, product distribution and capital issues. You will also work with advanced financial modeling approaches and systems, e.g. designing valuation and Asset Liability Management (ALM) frameworks.
Skills and Attributes for Success
· Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
· Possess strong interpersonal and teaming skills
· Has strong analytical and creative skills
· Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading-edge best practices
To Qualify for the role, you must have
· Min 3 years of experience in the life actuarial team or an actuarial consulting firm
· Newly or Nearly qualified with either the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK), the Society of Actuaries (US) or the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
· Good knowledge of Prophet software
· Good written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Depth of experience in at least one of the following areas:
· financial modeling
· financial and regulatory reporting
· product and distribution strategy
· ERM / Solvency II
· M&A due diligence
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
· Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.