EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Actuarial Consulting Staff in our Financial Services practice in Bermuda. This exciting, entry-level actuarial consultancy opportunity willwork with clients in the property/casualty and life insurance areas to deliver professional actuarial consultancy services, including audit support, actuarial opinions and capital modeling.
Your key responsibilities
· Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and consistently deliver quality client services
· Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
· Stay abreast of current business, regulatory and industry trends relevant to the client's business
· Demonstrate technical actuarial capabilities and professional knowledge and the ability to assimilate new knowledge
· Remain current on new developments and industry knowledge
· Commit to developing a strong personal brand by staying informed regarding economic/market developments and their impact on the firm's clients
· Continually progress towards attaining professional credentials from an internationally recognized actuarial association
Skills and attributes for success
· Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, budgets and other planning documents
· Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role you must have
· Or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related major
· A plan to complete, or are actively pursuing, a professional actuarial designation with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, Casualty Actuarial Society, Society of Actuaries, or other internationally recognized association
· The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
· Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
· Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and actuarial-related reserving and capital modelling software
· Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, client service and business writing and consulting skills
· Integrity within a professional environment
· Bermudian / Spouse of Bermudian / Permanent Resident status
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A passion for activities outside of your studies, especially promoting your ability to collaborate as part of a diverse team
· An eagerness to learn how our clients operate across different industries
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on projects from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in actuarial consulting, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, strategy & transaction, and tax services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.