EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Actuarial Consulting Senior (Property & Casualty) in our Financial Services practice in Bermuda. Our Actuarial Consulting practice comprises two areas: Life & Health Insurance and Property & Casualty Insurance. This exciting opportunity is in our Property & Casualty practice in Bermuda, where you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing, capital modelling and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services covering areas such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modeling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior within the Actuarial Consulting Services (Property & Casualty) group, you’ll be challenged to participate on engagement teams focused on several of the following areas:
· Loss reserving analysis all lines of business and sectors (direct and reinsurance)
· Loss Reserve Specialist Opinion for regulatory submission
· New Business License Support
· Capital Modelling and Economic Balance Sheet support to clients
· Insurable risk management, self-insurance advisory services (across all industries)
· Predictive Modeling and customer analytics
· Actuarial Transformation® and modeling
· Rate setting all lines of business
· Financial forecasting, valuation
· Product development
· Mergers & acquisitions
Skills and attributes for success
· Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and consistently deliver quality client services
· Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
· Stay abreast of current business, regulatory and industry trends relevant to the client's business
· Demonstrate in-depth technical actuarial capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge
· Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
· Commit to developing a strong personal brand by staying informed regarding economic/market developments and their impact on the firm's clients
· Continually progress towards attaining professional credentials from the Casualty Actuarial Society and/or other internationally recognized actuarial association
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related major
· A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in an actuarial-oriented position; prior actuarial consulting experience preferred
· Actively pursuing a professional actuarial designation with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, Casualty Actuarial Society, or other internationally recognized association, with a minimum of three actuarial exams completed
· Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and actuarial-related reserving and capital modelling software
· Strong writing, presentation, conceptual, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Previous consulting experience or experience implementing new processes/procedures in a corporate environment
· Previous experience in a Risk Based Capital Regime as well as IFRS17 would be preferred
· Willingness and ability to travel to meet practice/client needs
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated and intellectually curious individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box and a clear passion for actuarial work. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. You’ll also need to be a great communicator, as well as flexible in the face of often rapidly changing projects. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, strategy & transaction, and tax services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.