At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
The Accounts Payable Manager is a management position within the Oceania Finance team reporting to the Shared Services Finance Manager. This role is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient processing of Accounts Payable vendor invoices and internal expenses in line with the firm’s policies and procedures, managing and developing the Accounts Payable team, ensuring integrity of data entering the ledgers of the EY legal entities and contributing to local and / or global projects in relation to systems, processes or other change initiatives
This role is based in our EY Sydney office and is offered on a permanent fulltime basis.
Your key responsibilities
· Provide leadership and direction to the Accounts Payable team to ensure all work is completed accurately and efficiently and within the firm’s policies and procedures
· Review and continuous improvement of the existing Accounts Payable policies and practices
· Review and optimisation of standard operating procedures for Accounts Payable functions in line with best practice
· Manage intercompany settlement process including appropriate offsets
· Managing weekly pay runs
· Preparation and maintenance of Accounts Payable manual and policies relevant to the Accounts Payable area
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
· Minimum 5 years experience in a shared services/Accounts Payable role
· At least 3 years experience in managing and motivating a team, preferably in Accounts Payable
· Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders
· Ability to respond well under pressure
· Proven analytical skills
· Good skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP would be advantageous
· Excellent communication skills; the ability to negotiate and influence decision-making, and communicate effectively with senior management on progress, issues and resolutions
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience in a professional services environment preferred
· Previous systems implementation or change management experience will be highly regarded
What we offer
· Success as defined by you : We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
· Continuous learning : personalised career development including coaching, experiences andformal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
· Diverse and inclusive culture : You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensivebenefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application email@example.com or phone+61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2021 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.