At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
The Accounts Payable Associate will be part of the Finance team in our Core Business Services and will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end account payable process. You will work with the Accounts Payable manager to oversee and support the Offshore AP team, assisting in the resolution of critical issues. This role is based in our EY Sydney office and is offered on a permanent part-time [4 days per week] basis.
Your key responsibilities
· Ensuring accurate and efficient processing of Accounts Payable vendor invoices and internal expenses in line with the firm’s policies and procedures.
· Ensuring accurate and efficient processing of intercompany invoices including appropriate offsets with a significant number of international EY firms
· Investigating and resolving ad hoc invoicing queries and escalations in a timely manner
· Ensuring integrity of data entering the ledgers of the EY legal entities
· Providing regular training and guidance to offshore AP team members and the business partners to ensure timely completion of accounts payable activities, including staff expenses claims
· Liaising with internal and external stakeholders regarding supplier invoices or internal expenses queries
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
· Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar Accounts Payable role within a large organisation
· End to end AP processing experiences highly desirable
· Proven analytical skills and attention to details
· Ability to build strong relationships across the business at all levels.
· Ability to work at pace with changing priorities
· Good skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP would be advantageous
· Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
· Excellent communication skills; the ability to negotiate and influence decision-making, and communicate effectively with senior management on progress, issues and resolutions
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience in a professional services environment preferred
· Encourage innovation and exploration of new ideas and initiatives by team members.
What we offer
· Success as defined by you : We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Continuous learning : personalised career development including coaching, experiences andformal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
· Diverse and inclusive culture : You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensivebenefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application firstname.lastname@example.org or phone+61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2021 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.