EY people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our Enterprise practice provides specialized accounting, review services (review engagement, notice to reader), tax services (personal and corporate taxes), and business advisory services to privately owned businesses and individuals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Prepare review and notice to reader engagements in Caseware
· Prepare adjusting entries and financial statements
· Prepare account summaries and reconciliations
· Complete corporate tax returns and liaise with our tax professionals
· Assist managers with client meeting preparation
· Prepare correspondence to clients and the Canada Revenue Agency
· Respond to other duties as required
· Qualifications & Behavioral Competencies
Must possess either:
· A university degree in accounting
· A college diploma in accounting with a minimum of 3 years of work experience
· Must have strong attention to detail
· Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Must have good interpersonal skills and able to liaise with clients, staff and outside parties
· Must have initiative
· Must be a team player
· Must be bilingual
· Proficiency in Excel required
· Accounting software knowledge with Sage or similar would be considered an asset
· 2-4 years of work in an accounting position would be considered an asset
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. We are proud of our people culture, and we are committed to doing even more. Our people tell us that our culture of global teaming and our focus on building a better working world make EY a great place to build their careers.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.