What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
By joining our Assurance - External Audit t eam you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Visit our websitehere to learn more.
Key responsibilities as a staff accountant in our Audit practice are to recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of a clients’ financial statements. After training, we expect our employees to clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, client's engagement history, and planned audit approach. While completing day to day tasks we hope that all employees will challenge procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance audit techniques from year to year. Our people will also assist with the development of others through teamwork, integrity, and leadership.
As we are client facing, we expect our staff to demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client's environment. To maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and to develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. Staff should be informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the client's business and collaborate with team members to set goals and responsibilities for the audit.
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven . We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
· Qualifications :
· Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting; on track to complete all prerequisite courses and requirements to begin the CPA PEP program upon commencement of full-time employment
· Have advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Possess strong dedication to teamwork
· Be committed to integrity within a professional environment
What’s in it for you
Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· A comprehensive Total Rewards package that incorporates medical & health benefits, including $5,000 for mental health and $1,000 for fitness expenses each year.
· 31 Total paid days off a year which increases with promotions and years at EY.
What you can expect
· We are currently accepting full-time applications for our Assurance – External Audit group for September 2022 .
· To apply, please create a profile, and submit your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts as one single PDF document.
· The day following your local or school application deadline you will be provided with a link for an additional online component to your application. You will be required to submit a 2-3 minute video discussing a provided topic.
· Depending on the city you are applying to, you will have either 24-48 hours to complete this video. All candidates must complete this video as part of the application process.
Find outwhytime andagainwe're recognized as one ofCanada'stop employers.To learnmore aboutcareer opportunitieswith us,visit us atey.com/careers.
EY iscommittedto diversityand equity. Make your mark. Apply today!
Please note: Due to high volumes of applicants and varying local deadlines. Only successful applicants moving forward to an interview will be contacted.