EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory Services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who build high performing teams to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
As a Tax Technician, you'll be part of EY`s Global Compliance & Reporting practice in our Waterloo office location. This position offers excellent opportunities for learning to the right candidate. You willprepareinformation requests for clients, prepare personal, corporate, partnership and information tax returns.
During your work term, your potential responsibilities may include:
· Prepare supporting documents and working papers
· Collate and e-file submissions of tax returns
· Prepare financial statements
· Verify tax assessments
· Research general tax issues
· Interact with tax authorities
· Develop direct contacts with clients
· Provide clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products
Skills and attributes for success
· The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and high-volume environment with keen attention to client needs
· The ability to manage time spent against budget, and work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables
· The ability to be proactive, use own initiative, and work independently, as well as part of the team
· The ability to demonstrate sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Be in pursuit of a college diploma in accounting, finance or tax, or equivalent
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
· An interest in streamlining and automating processes
· Exposure to Microsoft Excel VBA, Power Pivot, Power BI, Basic SQL, SSRS/SSIS and dashboarding skills would be an asset
· The flexibility to work additional hours
· Possess strong dedication to teamwork
· Be committed to Integrity within a professional environment
We are currently accepting Co-op applications for Tax Staff Technician for January 2020 in our GCR group. To apply, please complete the following steps before 11:59pm 6 December 2019.
1. Visit the EY student careers page at: ey.com/ca/apply
2.Choose the appropriate job posting (2020 Tax Staff Technician – CO-OP (Waterloo)
3. Log In or Register as a New User
4. Complete the required fields on each page
5. Attach your most up to date resume, cover letter and transcript as one pdf file
Find out why time and again we're recognized as one of Canada's top employers. To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/ca/careers.
EY is committed to diversity and equity.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.