EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory Services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who build high performing teams to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
In working with our Assurance – Enterprise group, you will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
• Perform Notice to Reader and Review engagements.
• Preparation of corporate tax returns.
• Preparation of personal tax returns.
• Financial statement preparation.
• Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific review procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, client's engagement history, and planned review approach.
• Challenge procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance prior year techniques.
• Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the work environment.
• Apply bookkeeping and accounting knowledge
• Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the client's business.
• Develop through teamwork, integrity, and leadership.
• Collaborate with team members to set goals and responsibilities.
• Contribute ideas/opinions to the teams and listen/respond to other team members' views.
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
• Bring potential opportunities to the team's attention.
• Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY's knowledge and services.
To qualify, candidates must:
• Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting;
• Have advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong dedication to teamwork
• Be committed to integrity within a professional environment
We are currently accepting Co-op applications for our Assurance – Enterprise group for January 2020. To apply, please complete the following steps before midnight on September 30th 2019.
1. Visit the EY student careers page at: ey.com/ca/apply
2. Choose the appropriate job posting (2020 Enterprise Co-op - Toronto)
3. Log In or Register as a New User
4. Complete the required fields on each page
5. Attach your most up to date resume, cover letter and transcript as one single PDF document.
The day following your application deadline you will be provided with a topic and a link for an additional online component to your application. You will be required to submit a 2-3 minute video discussing the provided topic. Depending on the city you are applying for, you will then have either 24-48 hours to complete this video.
Find out why time and again we're recognized as one of Canada's top employers. To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/careers.
EY is committed to diversity and equity.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.