EY is a global professional services organization providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
EY’s People Advisory Services – Reward Practice is one of the leading providers of professional and actuarial services, specializing in pension, employee benefits, and human resources issues. EY applies actuarial concepts to the areas of financial reporting, internal audit, mergers and acquisitions, and benefits consulting support. Our actuarial team provides both internal expertise to our offices nation-wide and creative, innovative solutions to our external Canadian and global clients to allow them to confidently make key HR-related decisions to improve their business operations.
As a member of the EY team, you will assist the pension actuarial consulting staff in a variety of actuarial applications, primarily focussing on actuarial audit support, financial and regulatory reporting, and other consulting projects. You will receive on-the-job training to acquire practical experience in addressing the business and technical issues faced in the actuarial consulting profession.
- Support for actuarial engagements relating to pension audit support, mergers and acquisitions, pension valuation work and other pension advisory services.
- Participate in the overall and day-to-day technical and business aspects of client projects to ensure the quality of engagement work products, solutions, and deliverables for clients.
- Identify, define, develop and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies.
To qualify, candidates must be:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science
- Previous experience with a Canadian pension consulting firm is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, required
- Credit for one or more Actuarial Examination preferred
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and client-service skills
Please note that this role does not meet the training and experience requirements for those individuals wishing to pursue their CPA, CA designation.
We're currently accepting Co-op applications for a pension actuarial Staff in our Tax practice for January 2020. To apply, please complete the following steps:
1. Visit the EY student careers page at: ey.com/ca/apply
2. Choose the appropriate job posting (2019-2020 Pension Actuarial Staff CO-OP (Toronto)
3. Log In or Register as a New User
4. Complete the required fields on each page
5. Attach your most up to date resume, cover letter and transcript as one pdf file
Find out why time and again we're recognized as one of Canada's top employers. To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/ca/careers.
EY is committed to diversity and equity.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.