Date: Aug 29, 2018
Red Bee Media is an organization which has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain, US, Canada and Australia. We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, ITV, C4, C5 Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
As a member of the Global Infrastructure Network Architect team you will responsible for the roadmap of our global network and associated high level design work for specific product and customer requirements.
You will be a member of a global team reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Design & Delivery within the Infrastructure Team. As a member of this team you will work closely with and develop strong relationships with teammates both locally and within other countries. Additionally, you will also work closely with other technical specialists, and infrastructure teams to deliver world class solutions on which the business operates.
Currently we are going through a global transformation of multiple network architecture concepts to a single global unified network strategy, you will take ownership and be responsible for design and delivery of components of this strategy.
This team that you will join work in a semi -autonomous manner assigning various work tasks amongst themselves based upon both knowledge and business priority. The team also takes key decisions on improvements of ways of working. All team members actively take ownership of platform areas and also ways of working.
· Ensure end to end completeness of Infrastructure Technical Design, including NFRs validated and realized.
· Ensure adherence to standards and influence solutions towards the Infrastructure future state model.
· Owning technology roadmaps and feeding wider business requirements into central infrastructure and engineering teams.
· Analysis of service-related trends and recommendation of technology change or improvements that better fit business needs.
· Working with implementation teams to ensure that delivered solutions match customer requirements
· Any other tasks to ensure successful delivery towards the end customer
· Contribution to Infrastructure Service Catalogue
Ideally you will require experience in the following areas
· Strong experience in the design & deployment of global WAN architectures, preferably with service provider level experience.
· Provide strategy & vision for all global EBMS network infrastructure including; the global WAN, Enterprise Network & Firewalling.
· Handle the design & deployment of video routing using multicast across the Red Bee entire global network.
· Demonstrable skills in designing architecture for large-scale global integration projects.
· You will be comfortable in translating business requirements into detailed network architecture designs.
· Highly proficient in the design and deployment of WAN routing protocols.
· Have experience with Internet technologies, Internet peering, RIPE administration.
· Experience in designing solutions with multiple protocols (Spanning Tree, FHRP, OSPF, BGP )
· Experience with security technologies (Intrusion detection and prevention, firewalling, threat scanning)
· Experience with datacentre design, Implementation technologies (Chassis virtualisation, loadbalancing technologies).
· Experience with both public and private cloud designs and Implementation.
· Familiarity with hardware architectures from Industry vendors (Juniper, Cisco, Checkpoint, Bluecoat, F5, Bluecoat, Brocade)
· Supporting the design & implementation of secure remote access solutions.
· Provide peer review & approval of designs provided by network & security architects.
· Fully adopt latest industry best practices and methodologies for all proposed solutions.
· JNCIE Certified or equivalent is highly recommended, as is experience with both Cisco & Juniper Service Provider & Enterprise level equipment.
Experience in TOGAF, Agile and waterfall are all advantages with experience in relevant consultancy and/or architecture roles.
You should exhibit:
· A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
· A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalised approaches to documentation
· Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
· Strong ownership and sense of responsibility
· An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
· A commitment to knowledge sharing, cross skilling and a general appreciation of the need to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of “zero effort maintenance”
· An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
· High levels of persuasion, persistence and determination, as well as the ability to influence and negotiate with people and present ideas and issues with authority and evidence
· Understanding and appreciation of a formalised service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
· A very high standard of written and spoken English to help facilitate all the above.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Hiring Manager: Stuart Burrows
Job details: Job Stage 07