Operate and maintain the site by optimizing wind generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and environment compliance.
Midwest Regional Manager
East Fork Wind Site / Colby, Kansas
Essential Job Functions
· Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
· Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
· Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
· Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
· Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site BOP Tech, including coordinating with service providers, contractors, producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
· Operate site equipment, both directly and remotely
· Monitor site performance
· Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
· Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
· Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
· Perform routine inspections – safely using tools (e.g. multimeter and IR Camera)
· Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
· Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other’s ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
· Primary point of contact for all landowners
· Manage Spare Parts inventory
· Coordinate work on site between different contractors
· Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
· Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
· Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
· Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
· Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
· Equipment operation training – contractors orientation , other site’s employees
· Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
· Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
· Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
· Carries out other duties as assigned
· Support other wind assets including solar generating sites for planned and forced outages-may require overnight stays
· Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
· Troubleshoot, repair and maintain substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers and collection lines
· Be proficient in access substation relay log files and monitoring systems
· Put together LOTO for substations, transformers, electrical switches, transmission lines and collector lines
· Required to have and maintain a valid driver's license
· Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
· Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
· Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal; i.e., formal reports.
· Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
· Must hold or obtain a valid passport and be able to travel internationally with minimal restrictions.
· HV experience, able to attain AVO substation technician certification within 12 months of hire
· Reside within 50 miles of the site
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to use personal computer, office 365.
· Could involve some lifting.
· Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs); feeling; talking and hearing.
· Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
· Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
· Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required.
· Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights greater than 250 feet and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities.
· Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to - fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing, etc.
· Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR
· 3-year diploma in a technical program or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience industrial MV/HV voltage application.
· Trades qualifications an asset: (Lineman, Electrician, Millwright, Control Technician)
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency engagement is not required at this time. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
· Posting Date: Aug 5, 2020