ENGIE are recruiting for a Transport Technician to be based at New Oxford House, 2 George Street, Grimsby, DN31 1HB. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm. On offer is a salary banding of £24,000 - £29,000, dependent upon skills and experience package.
The role of the Transport Technician is to support the identification and delivery of Highway and Transport projects in North East Lincolnshire by providing traffic modelling & transportation advice, providing traffic modelling advice to the Highways Development Control team regarding the impacts of external housing, education and industrial developments on the highway network. To contribute to refreshing North East Lincolnshire’s Local Transport Plan (LTP) and Highway Strategy and maintaining traffic models, ensure that, Regeneration Partnership Project Principals are followed in line with the Local Transport Plans Highway Strategy and external funding bids objectives and outcomes. Reports to the Major Transport Projects Manager.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Contribute technical input and traffic modelling to bids for external funding opportunities;
· Contribute to internal studies, examining the impact of various regeneration and highways proposals on the highway network;
· Work closely with other teams within Highways and Transport to understand and include a broad range of measures in future schemes, including road safety, development control, sustainable travel and asset management;
· Procure and manage external consultants to deliver projects;
· Maximise opportunities for consultancy projects outside of North East Lincolnshire.
· Manage the workload, and assist in the recruitment of a small team of Casual Enumerators;
· Undertake consultation events, presentations and meetings with developers, elected members and external stakeholders;
· Keep abreast of best practise, emerging legislation and industry standard techniques;
· Comply with ENGIE’s and North East Lincolnshire Council’s policies and supporting documentation in relation to Data Protection, Information Security and Confidentiality;
· Assist with reporting, monitoring, writing of policies and strategies as required;
· Comply with ENGIE’s and North East Lincolnshire Council’s policies and supporting documentation in relation to Data Protection, Information Security and Confidentiality
· Awareness of and implement health and safety responsibilities as defined in ENGIE’s Health and Safety policy and procedures and CDM Regulations.
· Support the delivery of ENGIE’s corporate and local objectives
· Be creative and innovative throughout the bid and delivery process, consulting and investigating problems and proposing solutions that are technically feasible for the effective delivery of projects.
· Assess the implications of feasibility studies and outline designs including the evaluation of options, consideration of financial viability, including the calculation of contributions to highway and transport improvements and the compilation of reports.
· Be creative in adapting experience and knowledge to new situations and projects.
· Oral and written communication of advice on often complex technical matters in a manner which can be understood by a non-technical audience
· Working with third parties with differing and sometimes conflicting interests, to meet service objectives in keeping with statutory duties
· Collaborating with internal and external service providers to achieve service objectives
· Embrace the need for change and contribute ideas for delivery of service improvement and efficiency
· Manage and prioritise conflicting work demands to ensure effective delivery of service priorities
· Provide assistance and support to the Major Transport Projects Manager and other teams within the contract, including acting for him or her in their absence. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Minimum Grade C in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent)
· Level 1 Certificate for IT users (or equivalent) – post holder should be able to create spreadsheets using Excel, filter and manipulate data. Should be competent with MS word.
· Awareness of Health and Safety
· Have at least several years’ experience in highway or transportation
· Understanding of traffic modelling techniques and principals
· Experience of dealing with members of the public
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Advanced experience in using Microsoft Office including Excel
· Good team worker
· Customer Focus
· Effective negotiation skills
· Ability to manage competing priorities and to work independently to tight deadlines
· An HND/HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
· Previous involvement in the delivery of highway or transport projects
· Budget management experience
· Knowledge of North East Lincolnshire’s Local Transport Plan and Local Plan
· Experienced with the analysis of traffic data
· Experience with AutoCAD, traffic modelling packages or similar
· Understanding of the importance of sustainable travel
· Experience and understanding of transport and traffic solutions
· Knowledge of major scheme bidding (WeBTAG) within a local authority or a consultancy environment
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Presentation skills For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.