Engie is a leading global low-carbon energy and services group. To respond to the climate emergency, our ambition is to become the world leader in the zero-carbon transition of our customers, particularly businesses and local authorities. We are leveraging our core businesses (renewables, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey 'as a service' solutions. With our 160,000 employees, our customers, our partners and our stakeholders, we form a community of Imaginative Builders, committed every day to more harmonious progress. In order to strengthen its teams, the ENGIE Group's New Business Factory Division is looking for a :
TRAINEE – Assistant Product Manager YEM
Positioning and role of our department within ENGIE
Within the RT&I Department, the NBF's mission is to create the spark to dare, test and grow scalable new businesses and impact ENGIE’s future.
YEM, You’re Energy Manager , is an internal start up incubated at the New Business Factory born in 2019, sponsored 100% by Engie.
YEM is a fully digital pan-European Energy Platform for the B2B market that management of energy supply contracts easy through digitalized expertise – Currently present in Italy, France, Spain and Belgium.
It aims at:
· Helping building a more transparent B2B energy supply market (costs, processes) by simplifying complexity
· Democratizing access to the best services by focusing on the scalability of digital solutions to reduce costs for all and by sharing know-how
· Building solutions That are :
· winning both for consumers and gas and electricity sellers (optimizing costs and time, reducing risks), facilitating meetings and dialogue between them.
· based on accurate knowledge of the energy sector and at the same time intuitive for non-experts.
· enabling. In YEM, it is still the users who make decisions, but they do so in full awareness of the pros and cons of each option and the objectives they enable. They can make decisions very quickly and as effectively as experts in the field without necessarily delving into knowledge that is not at the heart of their job. However, they always have the opportunity to understand the reasoning behind each piece of advice if they are interested.
· smart: automation and high customization of services are compatible.
The YEM team
YEM is a horizontal organization: we are a team of 11 people each with specific skills, project leaders in the areas that are relevant to our specialization, proposal forces in projects where our expertise is useful.
YEM, it's also an international team - we are French, Italian, Peruvian or Spanish - . Meetings are held in a language that all participants understand: when we are all together, in English.
The internee would support the Product Owner in all of her activities.
ACTIVITIES OF THE PRODUCT OWNER
· Frequently checking that all existing solutions work smoothly
· Gathering market needs on B2B energy procurement by talking mainly to YEM sales managers in different countries and by talking directly to some customers (energy suppliers/trade associations/energy managers/industry procurement managers) to stay in touch with the concerns of our users.
· Defining the roadmap of upcoming YEM developments together with the CEO and sales team.
· Project manager :
· Imagining how to respond to market needs : enhancements of existing solutions / possible new solutions
· Collecting the necessary information from experts (YEM founder, Engie SA network and other suppliers among our partners & clients, YEM partners who are energy market experts) to write a first version of the functionalities of future developments.
· Identifying possible new partners for the development of the solution
· Bringing together and coordinating the team that will develop the solution and working with them on the exact definition of the solution (what the various users will be able to do and see, what data we will need, what data to process and how, how to make the added value of the tool and the logic behind it intelligible...). So in connection with :
· The graphic designer who creates the wireframes for the IT development
· The engineer specialized in optimization works on improving the algorithms.
· The IT who makes all of the coding.
The product owner coordinates the work: defines the deadlines, gives feedback; does the tests and reports any bugs so that they are fixed before going into production; drafts the text that makes the tool intelligible (we take care of guiding the users) and translate it (we've got tools to support us and we rely on the marketing team to help us with translations into other languages).
… And u pdate the rest of the team : the legal team because some developments require changes in the General Terms and Conditions or some contracts, marketing and sales who must always prepare the ground for future sales and retain existing customers.
The beauty and difficulty of this job is that it is transversal.
It is essential to be both very good at working in teams and with people who have very different logics and to be pro-active and autonomous in organizing your work.
The internship will last 6 months and is paid.
Being fluent in English is a requirement. If the internee also speaks well French, Italian or Spanish, it's a plus.
Plus: knowledge of energy markets, having some experience in a B2B company, some knowlegde of digital communication
Degree level and skills required
Grandes Ecoles de commerce ou d’ingénieurs (energy specialization is a plus)
Master / Césure
Proposed duration : 6 months
Desired start date : as soon as possible
The office is located in La Défense at Engie SA, there is an obligation to work in the office one week out of two, we can decide the other week whether to come to the office or work remotely.
Contract : a paid conventional internship
· Posting Date: Sep 20, 2021