ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Technician to be based in Stretford Manchester. This is a permanent full-time role working 37.25 hours per week. They will be required to work as part of an on call team working weekends on the call out week they are rostered on. On offer is a salary banding of 27,000 - 32,000, dependent upon skills and experience and benefits package.
The role will support the current Electrical and Mechanical Engineers in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on various electrical, mechanical systems including steam boilers, air compressors, GT plant, air conditioning and waste water treatment to tight deadlines and high client expectations.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
Undertake planned maintenance & reactive calls to a wide range of electrical and mechanical systems
Participate in a call out rota
Fault diagnosis and investigation
Undertake basic multi trade activities both mechanical and electrical
Comply with the company’s operational procedures
Liaise with clients and or Service Engineers on site in a knowledgeable and professional manner
To keep up to date with technical changes, techniques and develops within the industry
Ability to work alone and also be a team player
Carry out any other ad hoc duties within the responsibility
To comply with the company’s Health +Safety policies
Be willing to adapt to future changes within the role
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· ONC/C&G or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
· Mechanical/Electrical Qualifications
· IOSH or similar safety qualification
· A professional and courteous manner is required always; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, managers and customers
· Excellent organisational skills; the ability to manage and organise heavy workloads, prioritising relevant business and client needs
· Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to understand and liaise with others
· Management of Contractors
· Industrial Steam Boiler/Generator experience (BOAS desirable)
· Steam Boiler / Burner (desirable)
· CMMS (SAP) (desirable)
· 17th Edition qualifications (desirable)
· Knowledge of Gas Turbines (desirable)
· Computer literacy and basic IT skills (desirable)
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Dec 11, 2019