Solar Technician – Sun Valley
USA Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
ENGIE North America’s Sun Valley Solar Site is located in Abbott, Texas. Reporting to the Solar Site Operations Manager, the right team member will operate and maintain the solar site by optimizing generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and environment compliance.
What you’ll do:
· Be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
· Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
· Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
· Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
· Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech, including producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
· Operate and repair site equipment, both directly and remotely
· Coordinate HV Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
· Perform HV switching, substation and HV equipment lockouts and grounding tasks
· Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
· Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
· Perform routine inspections – prepare oil analysis samples, safely using tools (e.g. hot sticks, multimeter and IR Camera)
· Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
· Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other’s ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
· Primary point of contact for all landowners
· Maintain site vegetation management process
· Manage Spare Parts inventory
· Coordinate work on site between different contractors
· Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
· Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
· Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
· Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
· Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
· Equipment operation training – contractors, other site’s employees
· Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
· Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
· Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
· Carry out other duties as assigned
What you bring:
· A minimum of a two (2) year diploma in a technical program preferred (electrical or Instrumentation controls) or equivalent experience to the diploma
· A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Solar generation site, Wind generation site, Thermal power plant, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or C&I Maintenance
· Previous work as a HV Lineman, Electrician, Substation Technician or Controls Technician
· Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment; Troubleshoot, repair and maintain solar systems: panels, trackers, combiner boxes, invertors, meteorological instrumentation and substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers
· AVO certified as substation technician within 12 months of hire date
· Become proficient in using and maintaining SCADA systems
· Be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
· Be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
· Travel to support other ENGIE renewable generation facilities
· Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; Verbal and non-verbal
· Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
· Must hold or obtain a valid passport and be able to travel internationally with minimal restrictions.
· Must live within an hour of the site
· Must be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
· Must be available to travel up-to 10% of the time and with the need for some overnight trips
· Working Environment (30% Indoors – 70% Outdoors)
· Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record
· Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE’s policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
· Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
· Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs); feeling; talking and hearing
· Capable of performing repetitive motions as required
· Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals
· Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required
· Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights greater than 300 feet and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities
· Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to - fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing, etc.
· Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
· Posting Date: Jan 25, 2023